• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer fan direction?

Fan on my 07Mtn originally installed so that it was trying to pull air out of the engine compartment. I reversed the wiring to let the fan pull air into the compartment (colder air across the rad first) and it worked much better.

My Venture MP pulls cold air from front through radiator and into engine compartment.

Those whose fans are running backwards sound like they were installed afterwards and the wiring crossed. Spinning my fan backwards by hand, it makes a strange clicking sound. It doesn't make any sense. :dunno:

I was doing some investigation the other day. I installed a temp meter on the 08' MTX the other day. Figured I would check to see what temps the fan goes on, and what happens after that. Well, at 202*F the fan kicked on, when the fan turns on (the side panel was off) a blast of air came back, looking at the fins and the direction of rotation, not to mention logic, it turns counter clockwise looking at the back of the rad, this resulted in drawing air from the front of the rad to the engine compartment. This is most logical as the little motor likely doesn't have enough torque to fight the wind when the sled is moving. Besides pulling cooler air is more efficient than trying to push hot air out. anyway within seconds the temp dropped rapidly, I would say within a minute or two the temp was down to 186 and the fan turned off. I was suprised at how well it actually worked, but keep in mind the side panel was off and thus there wasn't any back pressure.

I have my own none yamaha fan and have tried it both ways if it blows forwards you will just ice the opening in front of the radiator should always be sucking.

mine pulls air thru the radiator and when your not moving it will fog my windshield up.

Back