• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer GT Anti-Bottoming blocks

BV1

Expert
Can somone explain to me how these work please?

I understand its a cheap way to ease the bottoming out issues on the GT.

Can someone explain how or why, or what the difference is like after install?

Thanks guys,

-Steve

The Anti-bottoming kit changes the fulcrum point of the rear torsion springs when the rear skid compresses past 2/3 of it's travel. It means the last bit of travel before you bottom the skid is now "rising rate", without the kit the springs have a "straight rate". It basically pries on the spring partway along, (instead of at the end), to make the last bit of travel a lot firmer. Practically speaking, I don't have it on my sled.....

It hits the torsion spring just before bottoming to add more tension to the spring giving it more spring pressure to resist travel through the rest of the suspension movement.

PS I called my dealer about getting some of these for my sled and they informed me that they can't get them for me as they are only offered at the Canadian dealers.

Hygear has them. I just put a set on my GT. seem to work well. I can still bottom them out, but it's much better than last year.

Later,
Will

Back