• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer GT Custom Updates

Got the rest of the front end back together, while I was there I made up some spacers so I could run the upper balljoint bolt through both parts of the spindle. I would like to thank everyone here on the site for all these ideas and precautions. Also changed the gearing from Gt's 20t to RTX's 18t to help with the super lug track.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    367.2 KB · Views: 144

What's the reason for the spacer in the spindle for the upper ball joint, strength? Was the Phazer prone to broken spindles?

How did you find the handling after the 2mm was removed from the upper BJ?

Yup strength I play around on snowcross and mx/supercross style tracks allot , the 2mm is suppose to help handling, there are several threads on this.,I have not had it out yet and will be a while because we have been clobberd with crazy rainfall and its +10c right now at 9:00am. Not much snow left and its going to be warm all week, I haven't even stuck on my trailpass sticker or been out this year.... :letsnow:

Thanks for the reply. What did you use for the spacer and what was the bolt length you used. I have a friend with a lathe so I think I'll try the BJ mode. I did read some posts on the ball joint mode but no don't remember anyone commenting on the handling.

If you have some time make your way west. We have more snow then ever with about 2 1/2 to 3 feet. It's one of our best winters.

I made the spacers out of aluminum I had,machined to a tight fit so they had to be tapped in place, the bolts i used were M10 x 70mm long , make sure there a good quality allen head type bolt. We had a good 2-1/2 - 3 feet of snow now maybe 6".

Put a Polaris RMK sno-flap on , ground the Polaris name off ,much better looking flap I think. Installed a OFT rollervalve off a nytro on thanks hibshman25 fit great and works proper. Also installed a Ulmer clutch kit , my stack of parts is getting low but still a few more things left. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    353.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 154
Definitely a funky flap but should compliment your rear bumper nicely.

No spare arms made sorry , I did install a 94 vmax 600 secondary with a 8bv31 43deg helix and pink spring from a vector. Also installed Rockmeister's HID kit simple to install not so simple to find a place to mount everything :dunno: The plug and play harness was very nice.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    366.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    361.6 KB · Views: 153
Very nice work! How does the secondary affect performance?

Due too the severe lack of snow and non existence of ice I decided to make a new upper steering block similar to OFT's but not as fancy, only cost me about $17.00 plus my labor which doesn't count as it would be priceless ;)! Just a little work left to do to it.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 149
Any excuse to to use my new lathe, I bored all the holes and also did all the flat surfaces with a 4 jaw chuck, PrincessAuto had the perfect size oillite bushings for cheap witch I have to use two of to make the proper fit because of the width of the saw blade when I cut it in half. Thanks for the complements, truth is I'm just waiting for snow ;)!

Ah, good 'ol Princess Auto. A man can find just about anything there! Nice job on the steering block.

We just got the Princessauto here this year :Rockon: . I got the upper steering block on, finished making the radiator guard I started to build last winter and made a little hinge to hold a mirror that I can fold out of the way when the trail police are not around. Oh and there's still not enough snow to go out here yet #$%&* .

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    338.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG