• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer stalls at idle; Intermittent

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Phazer MTX
2015 Phazer, very low miles, randomly stalls when the throttle is released. Need to give it some throttle to keep it running. Won't restart until giving it some throttle. Seems to start fine the first time cold, revs up to 2400ish while warming up, idles down to 1800ish as it warms up. Runs perfect once it is faster than idle. Is hot idle speed set entirely by the bypass, or does it completely close and idle is set by butterflys only?

Evidently it had two problems to start with. I posted here earlier this winter about having trouble with starting, and sometimes stalling. The injectors were sticking shut almost everytime the engine was shut off or stalled, fixed that by first unsticking them with compressed air, then flushing them with carb cleaner while energizing them. Starts every time now. I originally thought the stalling was related to the injectors, but apparently was not.

This may seem like a silly suggestion but have you tried bumping up the idle a little?

There is a little grommet on the front between the a-arms on the clutch side that should have the adjester behind it.

one of the old mods for the phazer my brother found was to set the idle when the sled is hot. on the one i have the idle adjuster is out from under the hood so it is easyer to set the idle speed.

This may seem like a silly suggestion but have you tried bumping up the idle a little?

There is a little grommet on the front between the a-arms on the clutch side that should have the adjester behind it.
This, mine Idles 1700 under “normal” riding but if I really work it hard and the fan is kicking on the idle drops to ~1200 and wants to stall if I punch it. I bumped the normal idle up to 1900 and it’s much better, only drops to 1600 when it’s worked hard.

Upping the idle with the screw was the first thing I tried. Didn't make any difference. I need to rev it 2500 to keep it running at all. Then the next ride, it idles fine down at 1800, regardless of temperature or electrical load. I also observed the TPS reading with the onboard diagnostics, 16 to 95, no dead spots or odd readings.

This problem started at the same time as the injectors started sticking, after summer storage, so I'm thinking it must be related to fuel gumming up. Perhaps in the fuel regulator? Or else the idle bypass.

Mine acted similar when I broke the spout off that the hose hooks to on the air sensor on the upper rear of the air box (there are 2 of them) mine was not intermittent though.
Maybe just a loose hose or crack where mine was broke all the way off

Mine acted similar when I broke the spout off that the hose hooks to on the air sensor on the upper rear of the air box (there are 2 of them) mine was not intermittent though.
Maybe just a loose hose or crack where mine was broke all the way off

Just had those off when I had it apart to remove the injectors, everything looked fine, no improvement before or after .

Back