• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer trip in MI/ dates Feb 18-20

prozac500

Expert
I would like to get a whole bunch of people with phazer's to go on a trip. The area I picked in MI is Lake City, Houghton Lake. It doesn’t have to be all phazer's the more the merrier. We will most likely be riding off trail more then anything. Change of plans what do you guys think about having a group of people go off trail and having a group of people stay on trail and we can meet up for lunch. Let me know what you guys think. I want to see how many people are going to be interested. Than we can make up the dates later down the road.

The date we picked are 18-20 of Feb. The trip is still located in Lake City MI.

trip

Lake City never gets snow and the trails aint to hot, try again ,anyone ever ride from the Soo south to De Tour and take the ferry across to Drummond Island ,low traffic and a great ride.

Stay at Dominoes Pizzas old convention center on the island they turned it in to a hotel it even has a bowling alley , pub and grub is great try the pizza.

Re: trip

RoyalBlue said:
Lake City never gets snow and the trails aint to hot, try again ,anyone ever ride from the Soo south to De Tour and take the ferry across to Drummond Island ,low traffic and a great ride.

Stay at Dominoes Pizzas old convention center on the island they turned it in to a hotel it even has a bowling alley , pub and grub is great try the pizza.

Most of the time we get 1 foot or more of powder + we are not going to be on the trails that much.

Prozac,

If you come to Cadillac I can lead the group and depending on the type of riders modify the ride to our group. Many destinations and types of trails to ride here and we usually get twice the amount of snow than lake city due to lake effect.

I am up for Cadillac great riding there. My problem is I am set up for trail riding big time. If we get off trails I would struggle with the modes I have done on my 07 Phazer

he picked lake city cuz our cottage is there, him and i can lead everyone to off trail play areas. we always have a great amount of snow and no one really rides there. it is real close to Cadillic just 25 min north east.

No there are no trails to Lake City from Cadillac. the only way you can get to Lake City is to go to Travers City, or roads.

I have come very close to the lake on the west side of Lake City (I forget the name) from the cousins house just north of Cadillac. Can you usually cross this lake? If so it would be very easy to get into town from Cadillac. This is using mostly forest roads to get over there. Cross US-131 on 30 rd, and then go by Long Lake and Round Lake. Seems like there is another lake called Sapphire or something that is real close to the lake by Lake City. Can you ride along Jennings Rd at all?

We have also connected to the Kalkaska trail from Cadillac, but it is a few miles of county roads that are travelled.

Lake Missaukee is cross able by sled they have car races on it every year. I don't know about sapphire Lake we don't ever make it in to that side of town.

As for Jennings road I have seen people ride down it but I don't know if you can run that road. And seeing as they plow the crap out of it you might not want to.

Crossing the lakes and back roads would be the best way I would think.

We are 8 miles north of town we always try to stay off trails and find play areas but we can always meet in town if people were planning on staying there. Or if you plan on riding over from Cadillac.

Back