• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer vs. TNT

Motoman765 said:
cannondale27 said:
See now my big windshield gives me a aerodynamic edge!LOL!

WHAT? :dunno:

Just kidding around.In my runs with TNT he never pulled me even a ft and that was in a 2 or 3 mi stretch at least.Was just kidding you since in your case the TNT pulled away slowly on top.I dont know what difference is between the sleds.Either way TNT is nothing to brag about speedwise vs Phazer.

Oh I get it now, that was because he changed his windshield on his TNT to the larger one and I didn't have mine on my sled in that picture. lol Yeah I don't think that was the reason. But yeah you're right for the most part they were pretty even. Like I said in the my post neither of out sleds was stock (so your mileage may vary, blah blah blah, you know the disclaimer). Both our sleds had aftermarket exhausts at the time (though he has gone back to stock after a couple melt downs). Both have clutch work. Mine has airbox mods, his has been jetted. Both are studded with 96 studs, mine with a Freeride track also. Both have had suspension revalves.

if you're racing, you can always duck behind the big windshield and reach up and bend it down for an advantage.

i dont have any problems taking care of 600sdi or 600ho, ran a polaris with a 600liberty the rider is about 60lbs lighter than me and he hung with me for a little while. only problem is after 100mph on the lake they will pull up and pass me. so i dont ride the lake..lol

RIGIDONE said:
i dont have any problems taking care of 600sdi or 600ho, ran a polaris with a 600liberty the rider is about 60lbs lighter than me and he hung with me for a little while. only problem is after 100mph on the lake they will pull up and pass me. so i dont ride the lake..lol
ive beat a 600sdi on mine. both stock

Motoman765 said:
Oh I get it now, that was because he changed his windshield on his TNT to the larger one and I didn't have mine on my sled in that picture. lol Yeah I don't think that was the reason. But yeah you're right for the most part they were pretty even. Like I said in the my post neither of out sleds was stock (so your mileage may vary, blah blah blah, you know the disclaimer). Both our sleds had aftermarket exhausts at the time (though he has gone back to stock after a couple melt downs). Both have clutch work. Mine has airbox mods, his has been jetted. Both are studded with 96 studs, mine with a Freeride track also. Both have had suspension revalves.

what do you mean he went to stock exhaust because of meltdowns?

Yeah exactly, sometimes not that bad though. It only has to be enough for a loss of compression. Maybe even a stuck ring or the like. He did that twice and then decided to try and go back to the stock exhaust to see if that was causing his multiple melt downs problem. Don't know if that fixed it though. Haven't talked to him about it since last winter, even though we went on a few dirt bike trips this summer together. I'll have to ask him next time if that fixed the problem or if it was something else like the jetting.

Motoman765 said:
I got to ride a TNT back to back with my Phazer in the same day last year on a trip with a friend of mine that has one. My opinion on it was mixed. It did some things better than my Phazer and my Phazer did some things better. All in all by the end of the day pretty equal, just different. Depends on your riding style and preferences. In the end our biggest complaints came down to the seats on the sleds. Mind you that both our sleds are not stock in motor or suspension. As far as the question of speed asked in this thread they were pretty even till the very top where the TNT had just a hair more. Nothing you would notice in the trails, just if you were racing across the lake. The Phazer had more bottom end and better take off out of the hole and the TNT would not catch up till after midrange, with just a little more on the very top for just a slightly higher top speed. In the trails this was not noticed at all.

HeadToHeadSled.jpg

Haha! Yeah, ok well the 600 may be able to keep up... Untill the motor blows! Then you can tow him to the dealer for another! I hear their 600s (500ss) motors are on sale, 2 for 1! Perfect for when you need a spare on the trail! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ah it wasn't as bad as it sounds. He has his own shop so no labor costs involved. All he has to pay for is the parts at dealer cost. I think it was just a new piston and rings each time, around a hundred dollars for him give or take. Still he was quite annoyed by it as well he should be. He also had an over heating problem at first, but then again so did I, until I put the freeride on and covered the holes in the tunnel. Which you can see one of those instances in my avatar. No matter what sled you get you end up with some issues. Definitely can't say this Phazer had been perfect. Done plenty of re-engineering on this thing myself. Quite a list actually.

It seems like all the manufacturers are concentrating on making things stronger/better.Not many new models out.In a way thats a good thing especially if you ride with other makes.I do have to admit a TNT without issues is a tempting sled but I am commited to the 4st motors and wont go back.Has anyone ever made a list of all the changes Yamaha made to Phazer since 07?It shows they care even when sales were really good.

I find it very hard to believe there is not at LEAST a 10mph difference in top end on the Phazer and any 600cc sled. I mean geez, we're talking 30-40hp disadvantage for the Phazer.

So you guys are saying your Phazers run with FX Nytros....since on the top end Nytros and 600 2 strokes are pretty close?

I don't think so.

Back