• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picked Ripsaw Track?

dexter

TY 4 Stroke Master
anyone out there added picks to their rip saw track? I am doing more and more lake riding and I need more bite! What pattern and size? Middle only? thanks!

I went with 144 woody's mega bites. Middle and outside studded. No problems, 3300 miles so far.

I did middle and sides on my rip saw and it only lasted 2000 mile before one of the studs on the side tore out and went through the radiator, $1100 dollar repair.

I am looking at getting the 1" Ripsaw with 144 predrilled in the center and useing double backers. I had a 1" Preadeter with 144 inside and out. I have 2 pull throughs one outside and one inside next to each other. I have always studded the outside of the track and always had pull throughs after 2 seasons. Looking for more longevity.

I think the outsides have a tendancy to pull out quicker than the middle and was thinking of doing only the middle. Summer project :Rockon:

i have to replace mytrack this year because oof a couple pull throughs i can't remember where i heard it but someone did tell me to only stud the inside and let the outside go, makes for better cornering on the trails , also! i was told that on the last muni. trip one night in the garage, maybe thats why i can't remember who it was....lol..... great times tho' least i remembered what to do! ...... any way i think this time i'm going to try picking only the inside! .... now , if i do that then can i put some of those fancy billet wheels on the outside of the track? i heard you can't run them with picks on? hmmm.....

I have the 1 1/4 Ripsaw with 96 up the middle and I couldn't be happier with it. Pretty good traction while accelerating and more importantly while braking!

Regards...

Paddy...

I run ice rippers on my attak and wife's vector, great track, great braking, pretty good on accelleration (by all means not a ice drag set up, but is a significant gain over naked track)...

and very little added rotational weight, low $$ investment, and no worries about pull thrus and bent/broken studs. not to mention i think it performs better off trail, due to the closing of some of the fingers of the regular ripsaw to accomodated the built in studs.

121 with 2000 miles looks new, 136 with 1200 miles, looks new.

Back