• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picking Up a Loud Growling Noise

Bodacious

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
My MTX pretty much stock other than a R1 Ti undermount (no boost) with 1400 miles. The noise has to do with being under load. It sounds like its traveling across the engine from PTO to Mag, at 40-50mph + it is especially noticable, the vibration travels up into the handle bars. On a warm up stand it rumbles under deceleration. Everything within the chaincase looks good. The oil is clean and all the bearings are tight, I loosened the chain tensoin and also the track tension with no improvements. It is the same after replacing the drive belt. The front axtle bearings are all fine. No tears or rips on the track, and the drivers have some minor wear but look pretty much normal.The clutch is much noisier than my Apex was at 5000 miles. The flyweights are tight with no signs of wear, and the rollers are all free. The cover is a bit loose but not excessive either. Could something be wrong within the gear reduction unit? Any sugestions???

Not sure what your problem could be but the Nytros didn't come with a gear reduction in the motor. Sounds like you looked at all the things I would think of.

How are your hyfax? I had mine worn low enough that the nubs on my track were rubbing on the bottom shock mount of my skid (Timbersled...), not sure if the stock will have the same condition.

Another possibility is the PTO side bearing on the drive shaft.....maybe it's developing some some vibrations and needs to be changed. It's fairly easy to get to....??

towerrigger said:
Not sure what your problem could be but the Nytros didn't come with a gear reduction in the motor. Sounds like you looked at all the things I would think of.

If you grab the primary an rotate it backwards you can hear a gear to gear type noise...this is what it sounds like but amplified.

Back