• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picking up an 09' RTX this weekend with 139 miles on it!

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
I am finally going to get a Phazer. I have wanted one since I saw my first 07'. As luck would have it, I just bought a 09' white and blue RTX with 136 miles on it and YES warranty till December of this year. I have ridden an RTX on the last couple Yamaha Demo rides and really like the seating position and that I can throw the sled around a little. I am currently riding a heavily modified RS Rage GT which as much as I have it dialed in, I cant really throw it around. At 165 lbs., I go were the sled goes.

After I sell my Rage and put some miles on the Phazer, I would like to stretch it to either 136" or 144". I have read a number of your guys threads on here with stretched Phazers which is great info. Riding my 136" Rage for the past 4 seasons I swore I would never go back to a 121".

So I look forward to spending more time in here after I bring the phazer home this weekend. Thanks, G.B.

RocketmanROD said:
love the phazer but u r going to miss the power!!

Don't know if he will miss the power too much, I went from an SRX700 to a Phazer MTX and have WAY more fun with the Phazer. Only time I miss the SRX is went I see a freshly groomed trail or a long lake.

welcome to the phazer side.

once you get it set up for you, you'll love it even more.

ask any ?'s, the TY gang is here to help.

Thanks to all for you comments and input. I have approx 60 miles on a Phazer RTX from two Yamaha Demo rides. It certainly doesnt pull from 60 mph like my Rage does or have the top end. But I really like the riding position and how I can horse it around on the trail. I have done about all the mods I want to my Rage so I needed a new project any ways. For what I am paying for this Phazer I cant go wrong and can always go back to a big HP sled later.

Thanks again, G.B.

I still have my SRX and every year when I take them out of storage for first time I always end up just giggling with fun over the Phazer.Yea SRX is way faster but that little trip in ditch and around yard hands down Phazer is way more fun back to back.

I went from a '99 SRX700 to a '02 SXV (Viper) to my current ride the '07 Phazer FX. Loved them all but like Gone Blue, really like the riding position of the Phazer and feel cramped when ever I get on the older style sleds. Once you get used to the rider forward and sit up position (at least for me) you can never go back. This will be my 6th season on my FX and I'm looking forward to it. Do I miss the power of the 2 stroke triples? Of coarse, but the handling more than makes up for it. My hope is Yamaha puts a bigger motor on the Phazer chassis, and when they do I'll have one parked in my garage!!!!

;)!

Here is my new Phazer story.

Well I picked up the Phazer Sunday. I had to drive 5 hours up to the UP to get it. My plan was to pick it up and then go somewhere for a ride here in Michigan yesterday. The Eastern UP has little to no snow. The most snow in area seemed to be between Houghton Lake and Gaylord here in the Lower. In any case the sled looked really clean as one should with 139 miles on it so I picked the sled up Sunday and turned around and drove down to Houghton Lake.

So I go and pull the sled out of the trailer yesterday morning to check a few things on the sled and then see that the front right side had been hit/tweaked %$#@!*&. It is my own fault that I did not catch it when I looked at the sled Sunday. So the lady that rode this one time and put 139 miles on it hit something that caught the inside of the right spindle and bent the front sub frame were the lower control arm mounts. So it needs either a new front sub frame if I cannot repair it and a new spindle.

I wound up riding it anyways and put 109 miles on it. I didnt notice any ill effects in handling considering the right ski is 1/2 - 3/4" rear of the left ski. I really enjoyed the ride and it was as fun as I remember on the Demo rides. This was good because if I didnt ride the thing and brought it all the way home and found out the front was hit I would have been really upset.

So all in all I paid $4,700 for a 09' Phazer RTX with 139 miles on it that included 1 year left on the YES warranty, a new Yamaha cover, all the tools, Fox air pump, all the manuals, paper work and original reciept when bought new. So even with the tweak I think I didnt do too bad on this thing. I will fix it myself as I like my sleds perfect. I am more pissed that I missed this issue and that I could have gotten a few more dollars off the purchase price of the sled. I am hoping that I can have the sub frame straighted since it is so slight and nothing is kinked. This way I can have it powder coated and I will be back in business knowing it is straight. It all goes to show that you cannot look over a sled too carefully.

Sorry for this long rambling post but I am just looking to vent. G.B.

Excuse me? Friggin bent subframe and new spindle? Maybe I am just a dick but missing it or not the sale was missrepresented.

I would be at least calling that lady and letting her know about it. A decent person would at least pay for ebay used parts.

I buy and sell stuff all the time. If anyone ever had a relevant issue with something I missed ( kid hit the sled with a tractor or something...whatever) I would at least take a look at it. If I was in the wrong..I would either anti up or buy the rig back.

You dont have much time here. Make the call. Be nice. My guess she will make it right. If not...well you tried.

I dont think I can remember a bent subframe on a Phazer.Phazer front is way stronger than Nytro.Anything can happen though but usually its the upper a-arm that bends.If subframe is bent it was a hit they knew about.I would look for some $ from them also.

Zrxpilot said:
Excuse me? Friggin bent subframe and new spindle? Maybe I am just a dick but missing it or not the sale was missrepresented.

I would be at least calling that lady and letting her know about it. A decent person would at least pay for ebay used parts.

I agree with Zrxpilot. Any decent person worth their salt would make this right. It appears they were deceptive by not disclosing this, and quite honestly if this were a case in the court of law, I'd think a Judge would favor on your side. Approach these people diplomatically and try to get some restitution....at least a couple hundred bucks. Good luck with the new sled!

Thanks guys for your comments and suggestions.

There is a little more to this story that I didn't elaborate on above. I bought the Phazer from a friend of the couple who bought it new. The story goes is that this couple had 4 sleds and new Triton 4 place enclosed trailer. They bought a new 09' Nytro XTX the same December 2008 as they bought this Phazer. Shortly after buying these sleds the women became ill and died. The husband was distraught and picked up from Michigan and moved to Florida. The husband was using a friend in MI to try and sell the 4 sleds and trailer while he was in Florida. The MI guy didnt sell any of the sleds so the owner contacted another friend here to help sell the sleds. This is the guy that I bought the Phazer from. Lets call this guy friend #2. Friend #2 had always liked the trailer and worked a deal with the owner to buy all 4 sleds and in doing so was given the trailer for free. So friend #2 buys the sleds that have been sitting in the Triton trailer for 2 years and lists them for sale. I truly believe that he didnt know that the Phazer was tweaked. I got all the paper work for the Phazer when it was bought new at the same time as the Triton trailer so the story seems to check out. I wasn't going to call the guy but all of my friends along with you guys have been telling me to at least call him and let him know the Phazer had been hit. I guess I have nothing to lose at this point.

I looked at the sled on my lift today and now think that the spindle is not bent. However, It appears that the spindle and ski mounting bolt are twisted in the ski. That and the one ski bolt bushing may have elongated the hole in one side of the ski. I am also pretty sure the front a arm sub frame bracket is bent and also has an elongated hole in the front mount. I cant see the rear bracket until I start tearing it down.

So the story continues and buyer beware as always. Thanks again, G.B.

Back