• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picture of Front of SnoX sleds

Crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro MTX 45th
I think I spotted something of interest, but maybe it's an optical delusion. Check out the A-Arm mounts in this pic, looks alot like cast aluminum in there to me......

Attachments

• gpdevalcourt09370.jpg
    gpdevalcourt09370.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 703

I was able to see them up close. they have a solid aluminum A arm mount. Heavy duty A arms, heavy duty machined alum spindles. Carbon fiber airbox. They also run Polaris rear skid frames.
I have some pics but I can't seem to attach them. says to big of file.

are you sure it is not similar to polaris but maybe proto type yamaha in the race sled for furture production...and thies sleds are built to come off jumps 10 -15 foot high so I think you need this beefy ness but not for trail...

Crewchief47 said:
I think I spotted something of interest, but maybe it's an optical delusion. Check out the A-Arm mounts in this pic, looks alot like cast aluminum in there to me......
\

OK, my first mesage didn't make it. But from I see this team is trying to make headway. Like yamaha mentioned the race sled is nothing like the production sled.

Crewchief47 said:

By the way what skis are they using?

Smelter said:
Crewchief47 said:

By the way what skis are they using?

Looks like C&A razor pros to me. Look very similar if not the same as mine.

GT03235 said:
Arnold08 said:
as badass as this sled looks hows come we cant win any SnoX races

In all fairness looks are not what it takes to win races!
And a badass sled is only half of the equation!! You need a badass rider to mount it!! :Rockon:

I have commented on this before, but now thanks to the pics. I can prove my previous point.

To all you bent subframe,a-arm,spindle, etc. folks.... take a long, long, hard look at these pictures & tell me if your "wanna-be" racer RTX/RTX-SE production sled looks anything like these purpose built race monsters.

And if it does, well I guess you're special and got a better built RTX than I did, and you're right.... no reason for the stockers to bend from launching them over snowbanks and other forms of jumps.

Catman, you've been validated and your existence substantiated. And now there's no need for you to bring this up anymore. Ever.

They use C and A XT skis. 7 1/4 inches wide.
And the rear skid is Polaris. They sometimes have to go to Polaris teams for parts.
Also heard that Malonoski who is on a SkiDoo this year is running the Yamaha rear skid.

Back