• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Planning a trip to Ontario - North Bay/Huntsville???

K-APEX

Extreme
We are planning a 4 day trip in late February. We have rode out of North Bay before and generally like the area. We are thinking of trying to cut down on some drive time and stay a bit closer to home. We were thinking of staying in Huntsville or Barrie and riding out from there.

Assuming that all areas are ridable and have good conditions, how do the trails compare to those in and around the North Bay area? Can you cover some decent distances from these areas? Are the trails generally in the same condition as those further north? How far of a ride on the sled from Huntsville to North Bay?

Any thoughts anyone has would be appreciated! Were thinking let's spend less time in the car and more time on the sleds!!

Thanks!

Try the Dwight Village Motel in dwight which is just north of Huntsville, We have been going there for several years in late Feb. The conditions have always been great and the traffic minimal. It is very comparable to North Bay amd a little closer to home. Brad at the Dwight Village Motel is more than hospitable find thier website on google.

I was there last Feb. Lots of groomers and frozen lakes. It was excellent until I hit a rock on the side of the trail just outside Dwight. We stayed as the Colonial Inn in Huntsville which is right on the trail and a great lake. If there is snow, your trip will be great.

For more flat out riding North Bay is where its at..North Bay to Cochrane would be an awesome ride..I grew up riding the Muskoka trails (2hrs) south of North Bay. No Real comparison..The lake running is better but you really have to know where your going...Lots of potential dangers (open water, getting lost, etc) Way tighter, higher traffic...Its familly riding at its finest..The lil leagues if you will

North Bay and go north !!
We live in Muskoka ( Huntsville area ),
and ride above North Bay always !

Well worth the 1.5 hr extra drive !

Little league's

little league's if you will.. :die You must have whacked a few tree around here have you rookie ?????.most of the trails are hydro cut in North Bay area, just beautiful scenary looking at all those polls, and line;s, really the only thing North Bay is good for is a gateway to Quebec' and the accomodation's not that good.So the faster you get through it the better off you are. Muskoka on the other hand fast running breakaway lakes with tight twisty trails that challenge you at every corner and straightaway, dodging citiots , many bars , food, accomo at the accomodation's are the finest ..Thats what it all about ride hard and put away wet. Plan your trip through the week. Stay away from Huntsville it sucks and they don't roll out the welcome mat..I live here and I shake my head at their way to support buisiness's... Anywhere's from Gravenhurst , Bracebridge, north east to Dwight rocks.

Apex_GT said:
For more flat out riding North Bay is where its at..North Bay to Cochrane would be an awesome ride..I grew up riding the Muskoka trails (2hrs) south of North Bay. No Real comparison..The lake running is better but you really have to know where your going...Lots of potential dangers (open water, getting lost, etc) Way tighter, higher traffic...Its familly riding at its finest..The lil leagues if you will

Re: Little league's

Bigwin said:
little league's if you will.. :die You must have whacked a few tree around here have you rookie ?????.... Anywhere's from Gravenhurst , Bracebridge, north east to Dwight rocks.

yawn

tight right, bumpbump bump,tight left,tight right, tight left,bump bump bump, etc etc etc etc does that look familliar to you bigwin :ORC

Why is it that everyone in Muskoka LOVES the seguin trail...Its cause it reminds them of ALL the trails from North Bay on..you know...real riding..Not the slow familly crap...bump bump bump..tight left, tight right :moon:

Bracebridge is also a nice place to ride. There is a Comfort Inn wright on main trail with reserants ALL AROUND where u are . {walk) and gas.I found it alot more handy then huntsville / trails/food/gas/. This is just my opinion. GOOD LUCK ;)! :drink:

LIL league VS THE BIG LEAGUE

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_1389.jpg
    100_1389.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 87
Apex_GT and Bigwin, I thank you for that. My face is sore from laughing. You guys are hilarious!

Id take my muskoka riding anyday over up north.....I get so bored riding straight all the time...North bay is pretty cool but heading way up north is just flat,straight and hold it to the bar....sure that is fun from time to time but muskoka has it all....

we run the lakes on weekends when the city riders are all screwing up the trails,so we get our flat out running anytime we want...then we got the awesome twisty trails,from very tight to somewhat relaxed twistys....

I ride the seguin from time to time,but find it boring as hell...and not too mention the damn cops with radar guns...lol....

I think some of the best rides are starting here in muskoka and heading toward north bay,and over to french river....done that loop several times and wow,really nice....stayed at the french river bridge cabins real cheap too.....

I would say the way this winter is going,snow will be good from bracebridge/gravenhurst right up to and beyond north bay.....even sudbury has snow this year,some but not as much as here....it is gonna be mild this week but should be ok as its pretty deep now!

Dan

me personally, about 30 min north of north bay (TATA trails) are some of the best trails i have rode. if you have the time stay in barrie, jump on the rail line and go north, you can start in orillia, bracebridge or gravenhurst and also go north. they are all good starting points, and give you varried trails to ride on. hell you could start in collingwood if you wanted. save yourself a few hours in the car and ride the trails insted.

Re: Little league's

The Sequin sucks.ranks on my list as one of the worst trails in Ontario.

Apex_GT said:
Bigwin said:
little league's if you will.. :die You must have whacked a few tree around here have you rookie ?????.... Anywhere's from Gravenhurst , Bracebridge, north east to Dwight rocks.

yawn

tight right, bumpbump bump,tight left,tight right, tight left,bump bump bump, etc etc etc etc does that look familliar to you bigwin :ORC

Why is it that everyone in Muskoka LOVES the seguin trail...Its cause it reminds them of ALL the trails from North Bay on..you know...real riding..Not the slow familly crap...bump bump bump..tight left, tight right :moon:

Back