• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Please, no more posts of air box mods.

Modern Airbox for motorcycles/snowmobiles need to be "sealed" per say because they are "tuned" to create high and low air pressure in direct relation of the opening and closing of the valves. If you screw up the "tune" your pressure could be wrong when the valves are open / shut. Modern airboxes are 1000% different then the old ones that just hold your air filter and don't care if you punch a hole in it. You can not punch a hole in a modern, tuned, Helmholtz resonator, airbox or "air compressor" tank if you will.

Concerning this bike video. I agree that modding the airbox just willy nilly poppin holes here and there isnt smart.....but its been proven for over a half century or more that more air = more power so i would buy a mod to my airbox that has been dyno proven to help like adding a k&n filter or adding the d&d bullseyes. But just adding holes everywhere......ya no. So with that said.....looks like igotto either spend big bucks or leave it well enough alone.

Back