• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Poll: What will Yamaha release in 2020?

What new models will Yamaha release in 2020?

• A big bore 2 stroke in the 850+ range

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • A reboot of an Enticer or Bravo-class sled in 4 stroke tech

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • A reboot of an Enticer or Bravo-class sled in 2 stroke tech

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • A reboot of the Phazer

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Nothing, because they're secretly planning to fold/merge with Cat/explode

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

Here she is.
In the market for something new for 2020. Come on yamaha, please dont push me over to the doo team!!

Attachments

• 0119191252_HDR_resized.jpg
    0119191252_HDR_resized.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 249
  • 0119191333_HDR_resized.jpg
    0119191333_HDR_resized.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 261
Or it might be a 600 class 4 stroke with a turbo in a Yamaha specific chassis. Sidewinder will remain, but in the same chassis. This chassis is designed around the 998 and drops the mounts 3 or 4 inches. No, I haven't seen such an animal in the woods around Squirrel Lake. :-o

Here she is.
In the market for something new for 2020. Come on yamaha, please dont push me over to the doo team!!
Man that's awful, what happened to cause the fire?

Ok, interested in your findings, your findings may help other Viper owners know what to look and watch out for with their sleds.

Better be something special because if its not, i will be headed to the doo 900 ace.
I have been yamaha loyal since 2002 purchasing 3 new sleds in that time. My viper just burnt to the ground this weekend so im riding my apex for the remainder of the season. Waiting to see what feb brings
I hope to god yamaha does not let me down
drove an ACE last weekend...felt like i was dragging a heavy trailer!!!did not like anything about it..you will be disapointed unless your a sunday driver

drove an ACE last weekend...felt like i was dragging a heavy trailer!!!did not like anything about it..you will be disapointed unless your a sunday driver

The 900turbo???
Was it in economy mode? Theres 3 driving modes.
I have not driven 1 yet, but a guy in my group has one and he has zero issues keeping up, or even leading and i can assure you, we do not drive slow.
A reflash and clutch kit really wake them up too.

I have witnessed the issues that are the sidewinder. Blown belts, leaking oil tanks, ice destroying the radiator hose in the tunnel.
Dont get me wrong, if yamaha releases something new in the 150 hp class i will be interested. And i am still interested in a sidewinder, but if the issues are not resolved with the oil tank, the hose in the tunnel and the belts, i will be headed to doo

I road my buddy’s 900t xrs for a few miles and I thought it felt like my ltx le winder with just a little less power. I liked it better than the 850. If I spent some time on it and adjusted to me I think it would be a better riding sled than the winder but couldn’t go down in power. He has the 195 tune but not in yet, he’s waiting for a few hundred miles. I think I’m starting to get bored with the stock winder so don’t think I would want a 195-205 hp 900T if that’s the max which it’s looking like it will be.

Well if we can dream...

Yamaha has patented a carbon fibre chassis
Yamaha has patented a jackshaft driven super charger
Yamaha R1 motorcycle cross plane engine is 200 hp naturally aspirated

So..if we put this all together...

A 250 hp 4 cylinder 5 psi super charged cross plane engine in a 500 lb all Japanese built chassis

Obviously Yamaha could do this if they chose to...LOL...not likely...but we can dream
:)

Well if we can dream...

Yamaha has patented a carbon fibre chassis
Yamaha has patented a jackshaft driven super charger
Yamaha R1 motorcycle cross plane engine is 200 hp naturally aspirated

So..if we put this all together...

A 250 hp 4 cylinder 5 psi super charged cross plane engine in a 500 lb all Japanese built chassis

Obviously Yamaha could do this if they chose to...LOL...not likely...but we can dream
:)
It will also be well over $20 thousand! But REALLY COOL!

If Yamaha builds a new chassis it will start as a mountain version and evolve into the cross over and then trail version, but something no other OEM has done yet and I do stand corrected is put a turbo 2 stroke motor in a chassis that is reliable and is warrantied, now you would have the power and light weight, Yamaha is into turbo's and could do this and if Yamaha brings back the 2 stroke this might be the direction, a lot of 2 strokes run turbo's in the mountains, a new chassis crossover and trail sled with a turbo 2 stroke option, this is unchartered waters for OEM'S in the sled business, Yamaha could build this.

Back