• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

900 Turbo Ecotrail

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
My bud just bought the Ecotrail or Stage 1 kit from Turbo Dynamics for his 900T.
Tune, air intake & heel clickers i believe. Should be about 200 hp.
I'm very excited & interested in this set up.
I should know before new years the results when i hope to ride it & run it against my Winder & 07 Apex.
With the 1.6 Ice Attack, it was very equal to my old Apex until top end.
He liked the sled last year, but preferred his 850 for fun factor more.

4 long months for him. DEER, duck, goose, pheasant season for me!
I need to kill a bunch of anti-biotic, testosterone, hormone & fat free protein to fuel my insane passion & appetite for a season some bitch about and i revel in!!!!!

Steve.....You've got a SideWinder. Get over it. Your bud has a 900T with a stage 1 tune.

BearShark.jpg
900T Owners:
BottomFeeders.jpg

Go shoot some stuff
ElmerFudd.jpg

This should pretty much cover it.

Last edited:
I've been open & honest from day ONE!
If this 900T tuned, impresses me, it might be my next sled.
Now i've also said that 150 hp would do me just fine.........................well i've changed that to 200hp will do me just fine
The Winder spoiled me

I’m a 300hp guy myself, but hey.... to each his own.
:drink:

Don't shoot the messenger but a friend was talking with someone from the Precision EFI display at Haydays and he claims their 900T 250 HP setup is faster than their 300 HP Sidewinder setup. Keep in mind the cost factor for this 900T kit is around $3500 and I believe it requires a bigger turbo blower. There is likely lots of variables in that claim though.

Don't shoot the messenger but a friend was talking with someone from the Precision EFI display at Haydays and he claims their 900T 250 HP setup is faster than their 300 HP Sidewinder setup. Keep in mind the cost factor for this 900T kit is around $3500 and I believe it requires a bigger turbo blower. There is likely lots of variables in that claim though.

Oh absolutely, I’m positive they can get 250hp out of the 900t. 250hp on pump gas will require a fairly large hot side to prevent detonation. The boost threshold will be higher in the rpm so it will need to be clutched accordingly, probably no where near as snappy as the stock turbo. That can be an issue for some trail riding.
Then again you can take a Winder or Viper, do the same....turbo upgrade with all the goodies and have 350hp on pump gas. So it’s not apples to apples.
The fact remains the 900t is not really a performance engine. It’s small pistons, small valves and long stroke make it a lower rpm, low base horsepower 900cc engine. It sounds like a garden tractor for crying out loud. Poor breathing due to small valves and limited rpm due to high piston speeds.
It’s just too bad they didn’t leave the stock 1200cc bore then shorten the stroke and deck height to achieve 900cc. Increase the redline by 2k and winders better look the fu€£ out!
They went the wrong way IMO.

Oh absolutely, I’m positive they can get 250hp out of the 900t. 250hp on pump gas will require a fairly large hot side to prevent detonation. The boost threshold will be higher in the rpm so it will need to be clutched accordingly, probably no where near as snappy as the stock turbo. That can be an issue for some trail riding.
Then again you can take a Winder or Viper, do the same....turbo upgrade with all the goodies and have 350hp on pump gas. So it’s not apples to apples.
The fact remains the 900t is not really a performance engine. It’s small pistons, small valves and long stroke make it a lower rpm, low base horsepower 900cc engine. It sounds like a garden tractor for crying out loud. Poor breathing due to small valves and limited rpm due to high piston speeds.
It’s just too bad they didn’t leave the stock 1200cc bore then shorten the stroke and deck height to achieve 900cc. Increase the redline by 2k and winders better look the fu€£ out!
They went the wrong way IMO.

Heck just leave it at 1200 cc, turbo it and add one throttle body per cylinder. They'd have to rework the chassis to make it all fit I would imagine. That would be a torque monster.

Was looking at the cutaway 900t at snowshow along with the sled. Lot of sheet metal and plastic gears in that motor. Cheap flywheel, narrower cam chain.Definitely not a quality Yamaha motor. Loved the integrated oil tank and the packaging. In sled the clutch is slightly below the belly pan. Nice. Would have to jump it to tell if front to back is as well balanced as ours but sure looks to be lower cog. 20000mi on one Travis got. But all in one year. Impressive but not same as over 5 years wear wise. Then turbo sled no faster stock than modded na viper.

Back