• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

POWER STEERING

07ATTAKGT

How difficult would it be to put a power steering actuator on my 2007 attak gt. Am I correct in saying that the only mod required is to attach this actuator to the steering system?

That would be so cool to do...I'm subscribed.

i dont think that this is a bolt on thing, front suspension was beefed up on the new sleds with power steering, and a new steering gate was put on as well, not worth the hassle, the eps motor is also very expensive

Not surprised ..too bad.

...and it uses more juice. Probably fry your stator sooner than later.

As some of the others have mentioned, this is NOT a bolt-on mod. Requires several components from the gen2 Apex to make it work on a gen1.
Now that's not to say it can't be done. Its just that the cost and effort make it prohibitive for most owners. Especially on machines that are now 10+ yrs old.
Travis' mechanical setup would be far more practical for most.

We added power steering from a totaled '13 vector to a my wife's '10 Vector 3 years ago. Lots of parts are needed in addition to the power steering motor and controller.... wiring harness, ECU, gauge, delta box frame, and the gas tank. The power steering friendly gas tank has a depression where the motor sits. You also have to cut out some of the seat foam where the front of the seat sits on the gas tank or it bulges. It was three years ago, and I don't have that sled anymore, so I may have forgotten some details, but that's it in a nutshell.
It did work perfectly though.

Back