• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

precision skis

Now there is a first, I've never heard anybody recommend the stock Yamaha ski on an Rx1 before. Maybe the newer saddle less ski but definitely not the skis on an 03

Actually, I find the stock skis to be just fine. I played the "sink your bucks into skis" game many times on previous sleds. Given the conditions that I ride in and type of riding I do, the stock ski works great. If I did more powder, etc, I would again consider a possible switch.

But, ... When I went to Dual Carbides, which has a curved support bar, I regained the arch in the ski that I lost when I had a singe runner. The Dualies are fairly stought and re-acrched the ski. I hated the previous set of 6" carbides beacuse they were too hard to steer. I wanted to go to 8", but, did not want it to turn even harder. So I went with 4" Dualies. BTW, with the Dualies, you can turn the bars fully, on concrete, with a finger pushing. With the 6" singles, you had to really reef on the bars.

So, I believe that the right set of bars can arch the ski. Personally, I think the arch is desirable, especially with reverse.

Back