• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Premature hyfax wear

06attaker

Expert
Put a brand new set of hyfay on and rode abot 250 miles. They look like they have about half of the plastic left. Is my track too tite? I can fir 1 finger between track and rail when in the air.

Thanks

Hyperfax

What the heck is hyperfax and scratchers?????

I'm on my third set with 2800 miles.

I changed them early both times.

I hope he's right that they wear out really fast at the beginning and then last for a 1000 miles or so after they look half worn.

I never looked at the first ones I changed out until I had about 1000 miles on them, so I didn't pay attention to how much is worn off at what mileage.

track tension=one finger is ok, if your fingers are 1 1/2" thick. Your track is too tight, you need @ least 1.5 to 2" of sag betwene your track and the rail, remember loose is fast, just like woman.

I've had more problems with sled and hyfax than any other i've owned. What looks to be good snow conditions has repeatedly left me melting sliders. I think this also leads to the track clips failing which i have also encountered. The scratchers i think are the best solution and am thinking of buying them as well. I have also installed ski doo extrovert drivers and opened all windows to be able to run a little less track tension. Check your suspension frequently, many times there is no snow/ice on the rails. Especially when it is very cold and trails are tight.

Hyfax

Having the track a little too tight would cause the hyfax to wear about half in 250 Miles???

This sled has to be set up perfectly to not have any problems.
I've never seen this before and I've owened 5 other sleds, none being a Yamaha!!!

This is scary because I'm doing a UP trip and going to go another 600 of so miles.

Should I change the hyfax again???!!???

yep. plus they wear a bunch @ first, then they slow down. get that track loose. have you checked wheel diameter? Added extra wheel kit?

no to change before next ride, just take them with you.

I have had the same prob, they wear really fast at first then virtually stop when just about at the wear limit. Just watch your track clips, I seen to lose 10 or so every 1000 miles. I run the graphite slides from yamaha they seem to wear a little slower. I have been going 800 to 1000 miles before I change them. I also run the track at about a finger of sag from the rails when in the air. Have a good trip.

I cut out all the closed windows, added the narrower RX-1 slides (lets more snow in the skid) added the ski-doo 135mm wheels and 2 bolt mounting blocks and added an extra set of wheels and blocks in front of the rear wheels. After 750 miles with a lot of shoulder riding the hyfax still look new with this set-up, you can't tell they have been used at all and that’s no exaggeration. With stock set-up by now the hyfax would have shown a lot of wear.

Skid5.jpg

on stock ripsaw, use the slp anti-wear pad's, change all 6 idlers to 135mm, use the old style hyfax(narrower), tighten track just so it doesn't rachett, that has been the best for me, let the hyfax wear right down and the track will glide, i can spin my track with one hand

First set lasted me 2 seasons & 4700 miles. Just changed to iceripper xt from my studded ripsaw & 150 miles later my slides were done. They wore right in front of the front bogey wheels. We had changed the wheels before I picked up the sled & the originals lasted a LONG time but this time it was horrible. Dealer said they have been going thru a ton of slides THIS YEAR. I am wondering if the slides are bad. One sales guy at the dealer had switched to Blue slides on his nytro xtx & he has had NO Issues yet while everyone else has been melting them. Is there anything I should look for with the way my slides went SO QUICKLY this time & the way the wore. I have ordered the marginal wheel kit to try to help & if I have to replace them again it will be the Blue ones. Any other recommendations appreciated (iceripper is fully clipped track with the windows open).

ICEMAN , I could put on sliders all day long for the energy, It would take for 20 min with her !!!!!! WOW !

Back