• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary clutch roller Collar design flaw.

Dam I should have been paying attention. Not sure how that got by me because my shims do quiet my clutch down quite a bit, and it’s been like this since day one! I left .002-.005” play, but yours would work much better and of course so much easier whereas they are made to just order and just install!

Will have to buy a set of these!
I do not have a Head Bump emoji otherwise, yep that would be me.

We have plenty in stock!

I'd like to tap one side and put a set screw in there. You guys really think that would weaken it too much?

This SW clutch is a ticking time bomb the way it is....I do not recommend drilling or tapping anymore holes into this clutch. In fact, I wish they wouldn't even put the little set screws in the movable sheave and use these cryogenic washers that we sell...or something equivalent.

This SW clutch is a ticking time bomb the way it is....I do not recommend drilling or tapping anymore holes into this clutch. In fact, I wish they wouldn't even put the little set screws in the movable sheave and use these cryogenic washers that we sell...or something equivalent.
I have yet to see one fail first hand, and I get a lot in for service.
Does anyone know if they removed these(set screw for roller pin) for cost or strength reasons?

I have yet to see one fail first hand, and I get a lot in for service.
Does anyone know if they removed these(set screw for roller pin) for cost or strength reasons?

Not making this a debate or anything, I will be stating facts here......

Because Yamaha refuses to warranty these SW clutches that have come apart, Thunder Products Clutching receives calls almost daily during the winter season and we are still replacing clutches with replacement parts or selling aftermarket TAPP and Pro-4 clutches to customers who have exploded theirs or found issues. 2 TAPP clutches are going out the door this week. Just being factual, these TAPP and Pro-4 are replacing both TEAM and Yamaha SW primaries that have come apart.

Be lucky that you haven't seen one of these come apart personally....I have and it's not pretty.

As you already know, I have kept every pic, post, evidence of the Yamaha SW primary & TEAM that has come apart and caused some major damage....including hospital pics of a man's leg cut through to the bone (which I will not post here) of a TEAM primary that exploded. Yes, I know this thread is about the SW clutch..... But this is going to happen to someone running a sidewinder very soon....mark my words. It came close this past season from someone I know.

Not making this a debate or anything, I will be stating facts here......

Because Yamaha refuses to warranty these SW clutches that have come apart, Thunder Products Clutching receives calls almost daily during the winter season and we are still replacing clutches with replacement parts or selling aftermarket TAPP and Pro-4 clutches to customers who have exploded theirs or found issues. 2 TAPP clutches are going out the door this week. Just being factual, these TAPP and Pro-4 are replacing both TEAM and Yamaha SW primaries that have come apart.

Be lucky that you haven't seen one of these come apart personally....I have and it's not pretty.

As you already know, I have kept every pic, post, evidence of the Yamaha SW primary & TEAM that has come apart and caused some major damage....including hospital pics of a man's leg cut through to the bone (which I will not post here) of a TEAM primary that exploded. Yes, I know this thread is about the SW clutch..... But this is going to happen to someone running a sidewinder very soon....mark my words. It came close this past season from someone I know.
The TAPP looks like a real good clutch. If I was running closer to the 300HP level, I'd probably lean that way.

The TAPP looks like a real good clutch. If I was running closer to the 300HP level, I'd probably lean that way.

They are a great clutch and our customers are very happy with them.

Just sold another TAPP just 7 minutes ago, going out the door this afternoon to Jeff F. in Indiana. Thank you Jeff!

Back