• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary clutch went BOOM! Will any primary fit?

Hey guys so my nytro primary clutch had a weight and roller let go the other night. Weight flew into the secondary as well and cracked a sheave. Found a used secondary and now I'm looking for a primary. Found a decent deal on a phazer primary and wanted to know if it will work? If not will an rx1, apex or vector primary work? I'll be calling Ulmer for a complete clutch kit so the weights and springs don't have to be right. Oh and I was running heavy hitters when it happened in case anyone wanted to know.

Thanks

So I checked the part numbers on a phazer, apex and nytro primary clutch. Looks like the spider is the same for all 3 but the end plate and outer sheave are different for all 3. I had been told the apex and nytro clutch were interchangeable but the numbers show different parts? Anyone know what the actual differences are and if they are interchangeable?

thanks

I had the exact same thing happen. I have been running an apex primary for two seasons now with no issues. Simply replace the weights and spring with the nytro setup and good to go.

On the Yamaha site, look for the primary clutch rebuild kit (or also called alternate rebuild kit). It's the whole primary clutch minus the weights, rollers and spring. It does include the pins and washers for both the rollers and weights.

From my online sources it's $760 CDN in Canada, and around $435 USD in the states. Part number is 8ES-W176G-12-00.

i had one of the arms crack of right befor the roller just woundering if any1 had that happen to them an does any1 have a spider.

sry kinda off ur topic but i didn't want to start another thread about this.

Back