• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary Sheave Cap issue.

Lasse Sjodin

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apex XTX
Hello. Have an Apex 2011 and thought of changing the spring in the primary to original. When I unscrewed the lid, I really had to struggle to get it off. Noticed that the bushing was damaged on the inside and thought that was the reason why the cover was so hard to remove. Pressed in a new bushing but, the same phenomenon occurred when I was going to reassemble the cover. Extremely difficult to get on the shaft (without a spring) What do you think could have happened because this cover should slide easily on the shaft if I understood correctly. Thanks for the tips and advice. Thanks in advance.

Sometimes those bushings get a little deformed when you install them. Might need to hone it out a little.

shaft could have burr as well.

Is the primary clutch still on the sled?
If you haven’t removed the clutch bolt and the lock washer isn’t dead-nuts centred the bushing with be coming in contact with it and be very snug. Been there, done that.

Is the primary clutch still on the sled?
If you haven’t removed the clutch bolt and the lock washer isn’t dead-nuts centred the bushing with be coming in contact with it and be very snug. Been there, done that.
You were absolutely right about the lock washer on the bolt. It was not 100% centered.
Thank you so much for your help, and I hope you have a great season.
//Lasse

You were absolutely right about the lock washer on the bolt. It was not 100% centered.
Thank you so much for your help, and I hope you have a great season.
//Lasse
No problem, glad I could help. Here’s hoping we all have a great season.

Back