• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Problems with 07 Apex?

blue sled

Have two 07 Apex's, one mine, one Wife's. Have had Yamaha's since the 80's. Usually run 6000-8000 miles on every sled. Never have a bearing go on Jack shaft or wheels, never lost an engine, never broke down and had very minor dealer work done. I read the post people put and it is very SCARY. I hope it is not just Apex's. I carry a tow rope and never have used it on a Yamaha DON"T want to start now. I love the Apex , only problem with Yamaha is high faxes. I have installed a pioneer wheel kit on the 07's and new medium windsheild and stud boy duce bars.

Are all the problems I read heard common problems?

No, not all of the things you read on here are common problems. The delamination of wheels on 06 models was true and addressed by Yamaha right away. Handwarmers not hot enough for most people but then just install a set of gauntlets and the problem goes away.

The majority of riders have had trouble free Apex/Attak sleds. ;)!

I am sure that it looks worse than it is because every ONE problem will be aired here. Also these sleds are capable of high mileage, so eventually you will have to replace some things. Thirdly, I am sure how agressive you ride will play a part. I have a buddy who it seems, spends more time in the air than he has track on the ground.

thanks for replys i trail ride mostly long overnight rides not much off trail clean them as much as i ride them store them in doors do not have extended warrenty because i never have really needed it. i feel iam taking a chance when i read the post plan on 6 to8 thousand miles then buy new again thanks for replys

I wouldn't take all of the "problems" posted on the forums as things you WILL experience as everyone drives & maintains their equipment differently, thus some have problems, some don't.

You mentioned the bearings-these are just a maintenance item and are fairly easy to service yourself, and if not, shouldn't be too costly to have it done-what I mean by that is to have them inspected and changed if necessary before they go out.

As you have seen, these sleds are capable of high mileage, and will go well past the 6-8,000 mile mark with no serious issues if maintained.

You may see alot of things posted that we may feel is a problem, but I believe that most people who are buying the Yamaha product are quite particular with their machines, and we want to help others to be proactive and have there machines ready for the long haul and try to avoid any break-downs.

As it is always a good idea to carry a tow rope, I highly doubt you wil need it with your new sleds!!

Regarding the extended warranty, that is a personal choice to purchase one or not. Depends on how many years you plan to keep the machines.

The warranty is insurance-may never need it, but good to have "just in case"

Get out and enjoy those new Apex's!!! :4STroke:

Very reliable sleds. For the most part just regular maintenance of suspension wheels and bearings.

The biggest problem are the exhaust gaskets. They are now a high maintenance/yearly item.

Do these things in the spring and I would still trust these sleds with 10,000 miles on them more then most new 2-strokes out there.

Back