• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pulled the trigger on a 2018 Sidewinder!

Just ordered a 2018 Sidewinder L-TX LE 50th. Looking forward to this ride!
You should love it as I do my 17 LTX LE .
Bought it for the shocks , and well worth the extra cost .
I haven't even peaked under the hood .
Will do some tweaking this summer.
I can't believe I still have the original stock ski carbides , after 1000 miles !
My beloved Apex wore the stock carbides out in a 100 miles .

You should love it as I do my 17 LTX LE .
Bought it for the shocks , and well worth the extra cost .
I haven't even peaked under the hood .
Will do some tweaking this summer.
I can't believe I still have the original stock ski carbides , after 1000 miles !
My beloved Apex wore the stock carbides out in a 100 miles .
Kept hearing great things on the shocks, so that was on the list. How do you like the skis?

Kept hearing great things on the shocks, so that was on the list. How do you like the skis?
They are ok.
I have been meaning to take my Tuners off my Apex , that have snowtrackers , to see how that works .
It works good on my Apex , but the SW is a different beast .
I will make some changes next year with settings , to make it better , and maybe change the skis .
A lot of talk about the 6.9 Pilot ski , as the front end can use a little extra flotation , in addition to easier steering .

Take the runners off junk. Put on 6.9 pilots or even 5.7 pilots which I put on. Much lighter steering no darting and corners excellent! . And they are not expensive

How much difference in price are the Curves ? Couple hundred ? Including carbides. Not exactly sure I didn't bother pricing the difference. But one would think...the Curves, Mohawks, even C&A's would be far superior. I understand for some the difference is the deal breaker but I still bielieve a good aftermarket ski should be better than most OEM skis.
Sometimes it's cheaper to buy something once rather than multiple times, just saying.

How much difference in price are the Curves ? Couple hundred ? Including carbides. Not exactly sure I didn't bother pricing the difference. But one would think...the Curves, Mohawks, even C&A's would be far superior. I understand for some the difference is the deal breaker but I still bielieve a good aftermarket ski should be better than most OEM skis.
Sometimes it's cheaper to buy something once rather than multiple times, just saying.
I've never had c&a's or curves but both are 500+ compared too 200 for pilots. Alot of guy's on here have leaned to the pilots , more 6.9's but both are much better than the stock tuners. Ask around and maybe save some $.

Actually the Cat skis work pretty damn good also.. Not as aggressive(as pilots or curves etc.) but with 192 studs I run them with 6" slim jims and if your sled is set up properly they are actually very good.. Some will say they are junk and laugh at my post but you might be surprised when shimmed and sled is set right with Cat skis. If your into railing every corner at high speeds they can push some..

Guys, i have always been a big proponent of aftermarket skis and coming off my Attak with Simons that turns like a tank at low RPM, i can say that these Pilot 6.9's work pretty damn good. They will give you as much bite as you want as long as you put shapers on them. They handle very good without the effort of the the other brands. I just wanted a set up that wasn't so hard on the steering components because pushing hard on the bars all day loosens things up pretty quick. My beef with Curves is the need for Doolys which i really dislike. For me it wasn't about saving a few bucks, it was about getting the best set up. No regrets.
I should also say that if you're not going to push the sled than the tuners will work for cruising, they just have more steering effort and unfortunately more push. They will, hang you out on a big sweeper.
If you guys ride standing at all do yourself a favor and put a taller riser on. The Powermadd adjustable riser works the balls. Real nice for the lake because you can drop it down lower than stock.
BE CAREFULL! Prior to studding this thing wants to kick out especially on the lake if it's not nice hard pack. Mine almost came around on me at about 95 on the lake with some ice/snow patches. Had to run it easy on the way back to change my Underoos!
I hope us owners don't work your expectations up too high, but.....i don't think there will be many disappointed future owners out there!

Last edited:
Agreed! Heard the cat skis were ok just more familiar with skidoo pilots so k went that way. And they are a huge improvement but there is suspension set up needed but once you get the SW dialed in its the real deal! Awesome machine

BE CAREFULL! Prior to studding this thing wants to kick out especially on the lake if it's not nice hard pack. Mine almost came around on me at about 95 on the lake with some ice/snow patches. Had to run it easy on the way back to change my Underoos!
I was really starting to like riding without studs. Until the same happened to me. About 100mph. Yikes!

I was really starting to like riding without studs. Until the same happened to me. About 100mph. Yikes!
I will add to that "be careful!" It can get real squirrely on ice without studs. Mine was only at 70mph and it gets your attention in a hurry!

Back