• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Push Button Start

RAMSOMAIR

TY 4 Stroke God
Rock,

How about developing a push button start that mounts on the bars. The location for the keyswitch on these SW's is a PITA. With gloves on, its near impossible tucked up behind the window!
The electric start should be on the bars from factory like on a bike, the way God intended it to be!!!
I"ll buy 2 right off the hop.

Rock,

How about developing a push button start that mounts on the bars. The location for the keyswitch on these SW's is a PITA. With gloves on, its near impossible tucked up behind the window!
The electric start should be on the bars from factory like on a bike, the way God intended it to be!!!
I"ll buy 2 right off the hop.
I agree I always put my gloves on then realize crap I can't get to the key lol

1786.jpg
I use a sportbike handlebar mounted kill/start switch. The apex has an impossible to reach key location so you had to pull the kill switch and reach around for the key start.

Last edited:
The dealer asked how I liked my Sidewinder? I said I loved it and only 1 complaint- the ignition key position sucks as I have take my glove to get access to the key to turn it, it should be in a different position! the dealer thought I nuts for even suggesting such a thing. Good to know I'm not the only one thinking the same about the key.
Great idea Ramsomair

(I Replied to RAMSOMAIR via PM with this)

I agree & I like the idea!

I have a Cat also & believe it or not, IT IS WORSE than the SW!!!
Even Harder to get to & freezes overnight.
I HATE having to take my glove off to start my sled. Such a dumb idea...
Makes you wonder: Did someone even ride this sled & USE the switch (with SNOWMOBILE Gloves) prior to manufacturing?
Also have an Apex/Attak, that one is easy, nothing to using it. It is simple & it works even with big gloves on.

The Cat however, even has the key pointing straight up towards the sky without a cover.
(The Apex has a cover)
Sooooo, when it snows overnight after you park it, the snow melts from the rising engine heat and the water runs into the switch, by morning, the switch is frozen.
(Who would possibly think it would snow, on a snowmobile? Really weird, huh?)

How do you envision it working exactly?
Key left on?
Key off?

Thinking...

FYI Product suggestions sent to me via PM usually get more attention, as open posts aren't as worth the risk of expending R&D money & time on.

Seems like a good idea, but only useful for stopping trail side. It's not going to help for when you start it for the first time or when you come out of an establishment. Both times you will need to reinsert your key. Also if it does not work from the On position what's to stop anyone from taking you sled with it in the Off position? I am thinking something like this:

You have your key in and in the On position. You stop for a few min trail side/gas station. You hit your kill switch. You reengage your kill switch. You press start button. Yes, No? Only thing is it would need to be mounted so that you aren't likely to hit it while riding or if you roll over or something.

Ski Doo uses a switch on the left bar to start sled/select RER. If Ski Doo can do it then Rock can make one better, I'm sure of it!!

Sort of.
Is your Viperwinder even harder to reach?
The bike switch works very well.
Sidewinder key is very ackward to get at. So can you stop and start your apex from that bike switch?

I would also. Can even eliminate the key except for security since I have a tether I use all the time.

Seems like a good idea, but only useful for stopping trail side. It's not going to help for when you start it for the first time or when you come out of an establishment. Both times you will need to reinsert your key. Also if it does not work from the On position what's to stop anyone from taking you sled with it in the Off position? I am thinking something like this:

You have your key in and in the On position. You stop for a few min trail side/gas station. You hit your kill switch. You reengage your kill switch. You press start button. Yes, No? Only thing is it would need to be mounted so that you aren't likely to hit it while riding or if you roll over or something.
I like the idea of this and also agreed the key on my BTX is a pain in the #*$&@ to get too. I would definitely be interested in one..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back