• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

pushing in the corner

Get some weight on your skis. Adjust the ski springs so they are shorter and/or adjust the front shock/spring in the rear suspension so it's longer.

What do you have for runners? Doolies will push through corners. That's what mine had. Here what I have done with help from the guys on hear.
Went back to 6" single carbide, adjusted fron limiter strap down fron 1.5" of thread to 1.25 of thread showing. Shimmed my ski's by putting an old piece of hyfax 1"x1" under rear portion of ski post base on top of rubber pad( forcing the ski fronts upward to prevent Darting or tracking). My sled already has the 13mm sway bar link, Ohlins rear and 168 pics down the center. I saw an the best improvement on handling! I can run alot harder through the trails now! Do a search or go to the tech pages you will find the info! Good luck
Blue

i have the not enough 4" carbides that come when new. ( sled on has 150 miles) i will be getting 6 or 8 " and i will be studding before next winter. i will take a look at the limit strap. my old sled has viper suspension under it .this sled has the mono shock suspension and i have to learn how to mess with it.

push

Adjust the transfers rod, so less threads are showing 2 lines from min. and put some Bergstrom Triplepoints, shim ski's and install ski savers

pushing I understand. You need ski pressure first, before you try anything. If you are pushing w/o studs, then you have NO ski pressure. Add better carbides, bergstrom with ski savers work well. Next is skis. If you must add studs, only use the minimum and up the middle only. Studs create more push.

You definitely need a lot more carbide. The originals are more like 3.5" and worthless. If you plan on studding, I would do it and put some good carbides on before you change all of the settings around trying to compensate for poor or no traction products. I like a lot of carbide (8" Woodys) instead of a lot of ski pressure. Just my preferrence as I don't like hard steering. I also don't like getting rid of all the weight transfer as it took Yamaha too long to get a skid that actually transferred. Life is more than just corners. ;)!

yeah , i am going to get 8" of carbide and some studs over the summer. i think i will just live with it until then. its really not that bad.

swmichvector said:
yeah , i am going to get 8" of carbide and some studs over the summer. i think i will just live with it until then. its really not that bad.

just loosen the spring on the front shock on the skid.

Indy said:
swmichvector said:

just loosen the spring on the front shock on the skid.
its a mono shock skid. it does not have the front spring.

Back