• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quebec St-Zénon/St-Michel/TremblantPark26/12/10 photo report

towing

Expert
Yesterday, Krikri and I started our ride more souther in St-Jean de Matha near the golf club. We took the #349 trail to St-Damien. It's season's beginning conditions,

DSC08593.jpg

Propably still in the first grooming pass because the trail shape is still choppy and the cover is on the thin side,there is some dirt spots but not too bad

DSC08601.jpg

North from St-Damien, we took the #345 trail in Réal Massé direction. Trail condition improved but still beginning...

DSC08608.jpg

passed Pourvoirie St-Damien, the trail make a strech on the pourvoirie road that is open longer than usual but it ride very nicely

DSC08618.jpg

A little farther , it's winter conditions

DSC08620.jpg

Very good, 10/10

DSC08629.jpg

North from Real Massé, just before the #350 junction, the trail have been moved and pass directly on the mountain in place than around it. Good hill on each side, I love it.

DSC01542.jpg

We switched on #350 to La Glacière, perfect...

DSC08654.jpg

After a real quick lunch, we took the #63 trail in Mt-Tremblant park direction

DSC08657.jpg

Many trees are frosted and give nice scenery

DSC08664.jpg

We decided to go on the wolf mountain. The dozer had tried to groom but went back because it was not frozen enought. We passed anyway and slowly got on the top

DSC08686.jpg

They also call it the square lake mountain...easy to figure out why...

DSC01565.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

And we continued on the #63 trail

DSC08700.jpg

Very nice scenery...

DSC01589.jpg

here in the shade of the mountain all was frosted...

DSC08709.jpg

And here in the sun that goes down too fast...

DSC08712.jpg

DSC08703.jpg

When we reached the park, we switched south to go to Coin Lavigne. The new trail #33 is not groomed yet, heard that excavators just been out few days ago...

Here the deers that look at us during we fueled up there

DSC01616.jpg

Took back the park in reverse direction to go to St-Michel. Conditions good and fast

DSC01625.jpg

Just have to be careful because curves tend to wash out as usual here

DSC01628.jpg

nice and fast

DSC01629.jpg

from park gate we took the #318 to St-Michel. Many of you already know but reminder for those who may don't heard about it, yes the Rouge-Mattawin relai called "the cantine" is unfortunately closed for the winter so you have to preview fuel according to this..

DSC01649.jpg

Here trail condition was less good, acceptable but some dirt tend to mix with the snow and the rock base is very near on some spots. Need more snow to improve it..

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01657.jpg

From St-Michel village, we continued on the #318 in cabanon direction. We're back in winter conditions. The big hills near the village are pretty nice, here in one of the hills

DSC01661.jpg

Too late for more pics. From Cabanon we took the #345 that is still very nice and keep the same morning's trail to get back to our starting point. Just south from pourvoirie St-Damien we crossed the groomer that was making a real good job in smoothing the trail and improved condition pretty weel from the morning.

Here the approximative ride path from my spot device

27dec10.jpg

To conclude, the cold and the grooming job have really improved trail condition in the north from what it was last week and it was winter condition unless the Rouge-Mattawin/St-Michel #318 trail that need snow but still very acceptable.

More souther areas like St-Jean de Matha and St-Gabriel will need more snow to give really good conditions. I keep my fingers crossed to have more snow to enlarge our playground on the south side soon...

:Rockon:

Alain

Great pics and story, thanks for sharing! ;)!

Hey Alain! Any word on if the trails survived the rain in your area. We are looking at grass again :o| Would like to do a ride this weekend if possible!! Thanks for the reports as usual!!!

Hi Jrock
The thaw of the 3 last days have been pretty severe and the trails are shots in many area :o|

Because the temp. drop back down and the very bottom trail base is still there, it won't take big amount of snow to bring back in shape but at least few inches of snow. For now it won't worth the trip for sure but it can change very quickly with new stuff... we all keep our fingers crossed for the next days even there's nothing big in the forecasts...

Here the link of the lanaudiere trail condition, always check the date of the last update but the details give a good picture of the situation

http://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/theme/snowmobile/conditions

WE NEED SNOW !!!

Alain

Thanks for the update alain! If the website is a good indication of trail conditions then ill check it out. Crossing my fingers!!!

Love the pictures..Thanks..Where can me and wife stay at a nice resort to sled in that area ??

MUSKIE said:
Love the pictures..Thanks..Where can me and wife stay at a nice resort to sled in that area ??

Auberge Le Cabanon is where we stay when we go up! Right in the center of the trail network. Good security for trucks, trailers and sleds!!

Back