• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question about track noise

Mark O

Expert
While the engine & exhaust are at a reasonable decible level on my RS Ventures, the track seems to be extremely loud. Have tracks always been loud, only to be overshadowed by the sound of the 2 stroke, or is this track exceptionally loud????

Do the Vector & RX1 have loud tracks & do other manufacturers have the same issue?
Thanks................................
;)!

I have a Vector and the track is loud. I tried changing the plastic wheels to rubber, no luck still loud. I was told the there was a heat shield on the 04's but was taken out of the 05's, maybe that's causing the higher noise. A friend of mine has an 04 Warrior and I don't hear the noise. I know a guy who but the Rip-Saw on his Ski-Doo and he said it also got louder. I
have guys I ride with that have 136" Revs with an 1.25" track and their sleds are very quiet. I won't even let anyone else ride my sled because Im embarrassed about the noise. Next year I think I will try another track.

Mark O said:
While the engine & exhaust are at a reasonable decible level on my RS Ventures, the track seems to be extremely loud. Have tracks always been loud, only to be overshadowed by the sound of the 2 stroke, or is this track exceptionally loud????

Do the Vector & RX1 have loud tracks & do other manufacturers have the same issue?
;)!

The RS sleds are exceptionally loud from a track standpoint. I think most of those clutch-rattle complaints came in the fall, when there was no snow and guys were just starting up their machines to listen to them run in the garage. Because once you get that track wound up and howling, you'll forget all about the little noises from the clutch.

BigMac said:
I think most of those clutch-rattle complaints came in the fall, when there was no snow and guys were just starting up their machines to listen to them run in the garage. Because once you get that track wound up and howling, you'll forget all about the little noises from the clutch.

It's a tossup which noise is more anoying. My clutch rattle has gotten nothing but louder in 1000 miles. At least I hear that there's a fix for that one. I think we're stuck with the track noise.

Late 70's, early 80's rode with a guy with a Ski-Doo. Had no speedometer. He claimed he could tell when he was going 40-45 by the track howling!! At certain speeds the tunnel and the track/wheels get in resonance and can make an ungodly noise. Twomorestrokes is probably correct in that it is in the design and will be hard for the consumer to eliminate. Only way short of a sound chamber is to start changing parts. Which could be expensive! RR IMO

Vector 1 and Twomorestrokes,a buddy of mine has a Vector and he has the running board pads on it,its studded like my venture and seems a lot quieter. Do you guys think the pads on the running boards help muffle the resonance in the tunnel and cut the noise? Or maybe my venture is just that much louder?

???

Tabor Rider 973 said:
Do you guys think the pads on the running boards help muffle the resonance in the tunnel and cut the noise? Or maybe my venture is just that much louder?

Not really sure on that. I do notice that I can feel it in my left foot at the same time the resonance comes on.

I sure like the sled other than the few problems it has in common with other sleds I hear of on this forum.

BigMac said:
Mark O said:

;)!

The RS sleds are exceptionally loud from a track standpoint. I think most of those clutch-rattle complaints came in the fall, when there was no snow and guys were just starting up their machines to listen to them run in the garage. Because once you get that track wound up and howling, you'll forget all about the little noises from the clutch.

The funny thing about the clutch rattle is that I can't hear it over the belt squeal at idle! :?

Having said all that about the machine, I still love the new Venture over my old 600 & 700 Ventures. ;)! It is GREAT not coming home & smelling up the house with 2 stroke stink. I'll go so far as to say that when other people go by us on their 2 strokers, I equate the exhaust smell like someone in a resteraunt is smoking a butt ruining your meal.

Mark O,My Venture was squealling at idle at about 6oo miles and never did it before that.I checked belt deflection and it seemed tight,called dealer and he shimmed driven clutch,squeal is gone!

Tractor tire on asphalt

I compare the sound to a new tractor tire, do all Yami's with this camoblast track make this noise? :ORC

Mark O all of the Yamaha's come with a 1.0 shim for belt deflection wich is somtimes just a bit to tight. Yamaha has a .5 shim just take out the 1.0 and put in the .5 and you will be good to go, Just save the 1.0 for when the belt wear's a bit and swap the 1.0 back in, that way your clutch will alway's be starting out in the lowest possible ratio. kviper

track cnoise

If you look on camoplast's website they say that the track on the 2005 RS Venture is for deep powder snow, and when i ride on deeper snow the noise is alot less then on a packed trail. I agree the noise is very loud.

Back