• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

question for guys with mx style helmets

I use the 509 goggles with the 509 helmet. It is the best setup I have ever used. The helmet is as warm as my modular.

509 Helmet, Sinister Googles (chrome/yellow, chrome/amber and clear lenses) and I use a Foggy X breath box on mine. The 509 breath box doesn't fit very well with the Sinister googles. Oh and I have the fan module in my googles.

I wear a Bell moto 8 with 509 Sinister polarized goggles (and a clear pair in the pocket for after dark). I also wear a no-fog and as the name suggests I never ever fog up. Works much better then the built in breath deflectors. I wear this set-up in all conditions.

Attachments

• GOPR0035.jpg
    GOPR0035.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 60
mx helmets

hjc helmet with scott light sensitive googles. They work very well day and night.
I use an unwind balaclava. On real cold days ( -25C) you can feel the cold a little but it's still manageable.

revster said:
I wear a Bell moto 8 with 509 Sinister polarized goggles (and a clear pair in the pocket for after dark). I also wear a no-fog and as the name suggests I never ever fog up. Works much better then the built in breath deflectors. I wear this set-up in all conditions.

How comfortable is the no fog? How well does it fit with the Sinister goggles? Thinking about picking on of these up.

No Fogs are great, they fit well with any goggle. I have a Zox helmet and Scott Hustle Snow Cross goggles, they are great. This year I bought 509 Aviators..haven't had a chance to try them, also bought a Scott balacalva to use with my FXR version of the no fog. My buddy bought the Scott 350 Snow Cross helmet this year....sick looking helmet!

BordnBill said:
revster said:

How comfortable is the no fog? How well does it fit with the Sinister goggles? Thinking about picking on of these up.

Very comfortable and it's pretty much impossible to fog if you put it on right. Fits with any goggle. I had to ditch my unwind balaclava when I got the no fog, as I was too hot. I wear a lighter Kilm one now.

Tested out my new 509 helmet with aviator goggles and was really impressed with how warm they were. Good stuff!

Back