• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

question.... installed new helix (Ulmer stageII)

64ssmax

Extreme
i just installed an ulmer stage 2 kit on my 07' attak. i have 1 question, when installing the helix back on with the new spring do you wined it clock wise to the next closest stud? my set up is 3 on the sheave and 6 on the helix.

64ssmax said:
i just installed an ulmer stage 2 kit on my 07' attak. i have 1 question, when installing the helix back on with the new spring do you wined it clock wise to the next closest stud? my set up is 3 on the sheave and 6 on the helix.

You are doing it correctly. Line up the spring tabs correctly with selected numbers for pretension and then rotate it clockwise till you line up the helix with the studs.

Then hold on tight. Those Ulmer kits really run hard. I love mine, and the engine braking is all but gone. Maxdlx

Agreed!

Totally stock I was already beating my buddies MXZ 800 but the Ulmer stage 2 and lower gear added about 4 more sled lengths to my lead in a 1000 foot race from a dead stop!

I can now beat up on my other buddy's 900 cat!

Ulmers kits are spendy but for me it was well worth the price!

64ssmax said:

Is 3+6 = 90° what Ulmer is calling for with their Attak kits?

I seem to recall running 60° or 70° on my 05 RX-1 and its the same helix.

Ulmer had me set my Apex stage 2 "G" helix @ 90 deg. All I can say about this clutch kit is OMG!

just installed a stage 2 on my 06 attak, can`t wait to try it this weekend...

Your going to love it! You may want to add your location to your profile before the site police get you.

Man I love reading all the response on this thread. Me and Sportfury are heading up to Trout Lake this weekend. Cant wait to try this clutch out!!!

:die watch out Mach Z 1000

Your going to need more bullits in that gun of yours. Also get it right I do not have a mach z .LOL :moon: Jake

Back