• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

question offset

darv

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Apex 40th LTX
i'm working on my new sidewinder i purchased in the end march so i can have ready to go so i was talking Thunder products about clutching an he said i should set my offset to 57.5 to 58 what are you guys going doing i'm doing the first tune from precision which give the 30 more that all want. i have not rode sled so should do this offset.

Do a search, I believe the offset to be wider on newer sleds vs older models.

X2....It's in a thread somewhere around here. Newer MY sleds are different offset than early MY sleds.

I have a 2017 Sidewinder LTX LE and a 2023 SRX - I have a Hurricane offset bar that I used on both sleds - the clutch offset for my 2017 was 58mm and my 2023 SRX offset was 59.4mm

I specifically asked Thunder Products about the offset myself because my brother-in-law bought a new '23 LTX SE last spring. He said to use the same 57.5mm offset on the '23 as what I am using on my '17.

I align them perfectly by putting the clutches at full shift with the belt in place under tension and measuring the alignment at full shift. My 23 needed more offset than my 17 did. Don’t remember how much exactly but it was quite a bit more.

It all depends on the center to center, what length belt you are using too. So to just say the same in a 23 as the 17 was is dead wrong. My 23 seems to be running a bit longer center to center so it’s going to be different from that aspect alone.

It might be easier to get belt temps B4 any changes. Ive been running
Primary 120°
Secondary 90°
Belt 145°
200°+ the belt will start to be compromised.
Just my .02¢

Back