• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question on the OFT rollover valve

System works great and the tether is awesome. A lot easier to use with gloves on than I would have expected.

I was wondering does the valve work with the key off or the kill switch pushed down. I rolled it a couple times to get it unstuck yesterday and when it rolled it pushed the kill switch down. It almost smelled like there was some oil that got into the engine when I started it after that happened. If this is the case I would assume deleting the kill switch out of the system would cure this issue. There are a lot of times that rolling the sled is the easiest way to get unstuck, but I want to make sure the valve is going to work right.

hugger70mtnmax said:
System works great and the tether is awesome. A lot easier to use with gloves on than I would have expected.

I was wondering does the valve work with the key off or the kill switch pushed down. I rolled it a couple times to get it unstuck yesterday and when it rolled it pushed the kill switch down. It almost smelled like there was some oil that got into the engine when I started it after that happened. If this is the case I would assume deleting the kill switch out of the system would cure this issue. There are a lot of times that rolling the sled is the easiest way to get unstuck, but I want to make sure the valve is going to work right.

The LED light will indicate when the valve is closed. So if that was flashing it was closed.

If I recall, turn the key on then pull the tether and the LED should start flashing then roll away.

If the handlebar kill switch is still hooked up, it and the key must be in the RUN position for the valve to work properly.

If you delete the handlebar kill switch, then only the ignition key is in the loop, but must still be in the RUN position for proper valve actuation.

-Moto

hugger70mtnmax said:
Thanks Moto. I was kind of thinking that was the case. Looks like the kill switch is getting deleted.

NP buddy. How you likin' that Nytro?

I have never had a problem hitting the kill switch while riding that is why I initially left it in place. It's not a big deal to lose it though.

You know Jeff I love the Nytro. I had really gotten used to my MM and I still like it. It just doesn't hold a candle to the Nytro though. The MM climbs just as good right now with all the stuff I have done to it but that is about where it ends. The Nytro is so much easier to move around and sidehills awesome. I can hold some pretty steep sidehills with that thing. The engine is awesome too. Only problem is the engineer that designed that fuel tank. Riding hard in heavy powder yesterday I was out of fuel by 2:00. Great sled though.

i broke my kill switch on like my second ride and of course if broke off in the kill position so in the snow had to tear apart the throttle. I have not replaced it.

On my sled the roll over value does draw a low trickle current with the kill switch in the closed position. It will drain battery over time (month or greater). This is with tether hooked in and valve not engaged (circuit inactive). Kill switch in open position stops battery drain. Always store my sled with the kill switch in open position. I would not remove kill switch.

splaterwin said:
On my sled the roll over value does draw a low trickle current with the kill switch in the closed position. It will drain battery over time (month or greater). This is with tether hooked in and valve not engaged (circuit inactive). Kill switch in open position stops battery drain. Always store my sled with the kill switch in open position. I would not remove kill switch.

If the key is turned off, there should not be ANY draw from the OFT tether system.

Do you have ours, or the Jacobson style? I'm not sure from your siggy line.

If there is a draw with the key on / tether clip loaded, you have another issue. (OFT version)

I wondered.

The Moto-R kill should never draw current if the key and/or kill switch is in the off position.

You might hit Bill up and see if that is normal operation on 4SS models.

Hey Moto I was wondering if you ever got a setup for the rx1. I rode with a buddy that would love to quit carrying oil for his and he loved the setup.

Back