• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

question

justin1635

Extreme
ok, so ive been thinking, most turbos have lag right?

so does a gauge tell you how much boost is building up and when it hits a certain point the turbo kicks in?

actually lol, i had a dream last night, i was driving a turbo rx LMAO

and thats how i saw it in my dream, and to be honest... i don't really know lol

it was still a cool dream tho :)

Well my rear mount with some lighter clutching had like ZERO lag! As soon as you hit the gas you where making boost and GONE!!! But that was at 6 Psi of boost. When i turned up the boost to about 10 the sled would ROCK but it was hitting the rev. limter. So i put a lot more weight in the front clutch. Then when i took the sled out it had lag! The motor would strugle to pull the weight down low after it built up some rpm and boost it was gone. So i have to slowly take weight off to find a good spot in the middle.That i know in time i will get this worked out, just out of time,snow, and money! I have heard that the front mounts have zero lag. But man that turbo gets to hot to be under my (TRAIL SLEDS hood)

Skydog ;)! LaLaLa ;)!

I had a dream about twin turbo's the other night ..................took me three days to come to my senses...........LOL!!! :drink:

I think the whole lag thing is overstated. I don't notice any.

To answer your question no the turbo does not build up boost and then release it to the motor all at once. It builds boost from 0- whatever it is capable. Lag is a result of how long it takes for the turbo to start building significant boost. Smaller turbos usually build boost faster thus they usually have less lag.

Turbo Lag

You can sit at idle with Vector at 1500 RPM and punch it and still beat RX1 off the line.
Vector is fast in short drag untill big boost RX1 comes crawling by!

Dave @ http://www.powderlites.com/turbokits.html

Attachments

• vector exhaust sm.jpg
    vector exhaust sm.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 79

Back