• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Questions-07 Phazer

Website
www.shawwinkler.com
I have a couple of questions for you guys. 1-My pivot arm broke this weekend and it is the original steel one; 2-Either the battery went dead (original-will pull it tonight and have it tested) or the starter is bad. It just makes this whirring sound-kind of like the bendix isn't engaging. I have the YES and want to know if it will cover it. I really don't want it sitting at the dealer for weeks. Any thoughts or suggestions. I did call one of my local dealers and was told to bring it in and "if" the parts are available and "if" it is covered, it will be 7-10 days...

I had my rear link break and it was covered under warranty, the battery i dont think would b covered.. i take the batteries out of my sleds and keep them in the basement for the winter and keep them hooked to a battery minder..this will be my 5th season on the same batteries, and they have plenty of life left in them..

I know better with the battery-Shame on me. But after reading another post, I may have an issue with the starter. I only have about 1800 miles on the sled. Also, with the front pivot arm, it was an issue at the beginning and I knew it was a matter of time before it broke. I may have to take it in, but it gets to be a pain. Do I let the sled sit at the dealer or try and get reimbursed for the parts and do it myself.

If you want to ride now and you want it done cheap order the parts today and slap them in cuz the dealer will only work on your stuff between there other work and they most likely charge you for the whole deal and its expensive thriugh them.

What dealer are you going to here in mid Michigan? and if i were you i would call more than one... I know of a few with GOOD service around bay city if you want my two cents..

The only dealer with a Lansing address. I'm taking it in tomorrow after work and see what they say. If not covered (suspension, starter issues) I may go somewhere else and see what they say. I definitly will want an explanation of why regardless. The pivot arm (I think thats what they are called) has been an issue on most 07's. I mentioned it to the dealer when I bought it and he said it will get replaced when it breaks. Hopefully the YES was worth the $$. Other then that, this sled has been a blast and a half

Well good luck with that i dont think youll have too much trouble but thats weird cause the dealer i bought my 07 from had the updated suspension arm on it before i picked it up as well as what was then a COME BACK cause your sled is overheating fan installed.. Thats just good service i guess but my 07 is in some junk yard at this point lol... Phazer VS.. Tree you can figure the rest...

Just make sure you get the third generation updated one because the canadian dealers I talked to won't put it in unless Yamaha has approved the update and they don't even know if it fits. The guy at the counter at my dealer said his computer would tell him if the 2010 pivot arm fits on '07, '08. '09 phazers and it didn't so he says it won't fit. Oh but it did.

Thanks to this forum, I went armed with a little knowledge when I picked it up (new 4-08). All the updates (at the time) where done except the susp. arm. I can't say I've had 'bad' service from them, but there communication needs a little work. Maybe thats changed. I know my buddy had to take his Vector GT in twice before they got the carbs syc'd so it would run right-goes like heck now.

Back