• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quick Disconnect Battery

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector ltx GT
2010 MXZ X 1200
Has anyone installed a quick disconnect? If so how did you do it? These batteries are hard to get at and I would like to be able to shut battery off when I am not using it.

Shut it off from what? The only way it would drain quickly would be if you have hooked something up that's always powered on. The best thing to do is pull the right cover off and hook up a tender to the charge ports.

I like my stuff disconnected when in the garage. #garagefire

My fathers garage burnt down due to a short in a vehicle...

At any rate here is what I ended up doing.

Bought a used negative lead. Ran a line up to a quick disconnect that I picked up on Amazon

Attachments

• 20240108_123400.jpg
    20240108_123400.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 48

Bought a used negative lead. Ran a line up to a quick disconnect that I picked up on Amazon
Trying ton understand how your neg. lead cuts off power to the battery

most things catch fire in storage from a wire arcing/shorting out. by removing the ground from the battery or using a disconnect switch, you isolate the battery so that the short from the positive has no connection to the negative/ground for it to over heat and light the sled/equipment on fire. a whole bunch of local businesses do this to their trucks and equipment as they have had units in the past catch fire when parked overnight.

Oh I see, i can completely understand why you'd want to do that. Glad you figured it out.

Back