• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

radar detecter

are they getting bad on the rail way ? or in town.

was stopped four times on saturday between renfrew and barrysbay not sure if all had radar guns but saw two and they all talked about how fast we were running and asked if trails were good for hooking up

they were on the railways just outside of town at road crossing nice and warm in their cars and one was on a pipe line in the middle of nowhere they had sleds

Wow, I keep reading posts about people getting nailed for speeding in Ontario. I can see the OPP trying to slow people down in or around town but on gas or power lines in the middle of nowhere?? Seems a bit much to me

Most law enforcement use hand held Lidar guns (stationary use). The radar will go off when the trigger is pulled and it reaches a long way (3000+ feet). Radar would be useless in my opinion.

Hammer 1 said:
Most law enforcement use hand held Lidar guns (stationary use). The radar will go off when the trigger is pulled and it reaches a long way (3000+ feet). Radar would be useless in my opinion.

so what so we need to fight this?

Just like in a car, having a detector reduces the chances of getting a ticket because it can alert you when used on you or someone else. You can also still get pegged when you have no chance to slow down to avoid the harassment.

I love it when people say they are getting harassed. I'm not going to argue that some trail speed limits are to low. I agree that they can be. Enforcement in residential areas are important. I'm sure the residents complain about the noise etc. and the enforcement has to be done. The answer is not to hand out tons of citations for speeding. If you think a patrol is sitting somewhere you will slow down. However, never writing a ticket isn't going to happen. Believe it or not they have a job to do. I myself got stopped in Michigan. The officer was polite checked to make sure I had a permit and reminded me i'm in a residential area for 1 more mile and then it was my own speed limit from there. Let's face it NOBODY likes getting pulled over but they to have to show they did something in the 8-12hr of work they put in.

Hammer 1 said:
I love it when people say they are getting harassed. I'm not going to argue that some trail speed limits are to low. I agree that they can be. Enforcement in residential areas are important. I'm sure the residents complain about the noise etc. and the enforcement has to be done. The answer is not to hand out tons of citations for speeding. If you think a patrol is sitting somewhere you will slow down. However, never writing a ticket isn't going to happen. Believe it or not they have a job to do. I myself got stopped in Michigan. The officer was polite checked to make sure I had a permit and reminded me i'm in a residential area for 1 more mile and then it was my own speed limit from there. Let's face it NOBODY likes getting pulled over but they to have to show they did something in the 8-12hr of work they put in.

I understand what you are saying but 35mph is ridiculous especially when you are nowhere near a residential area and are on a trail that is as wide as a two lane road. It just makes more sense for the police to utilize their time in a better manner such as patrolling towns and areas that are heavy with traffic.

sounds to me like you need to fight to get the law changed the offoice is doing what the public wants if the speed limit is 35 then he is just enforcing it i think speed limits and for that mater most laws on the trails are not needed short of intoxicated use. That being said if you dont want to be "harrased" get the law changed of follow it.

actionjack said:
Just like in a car, having a detector reduces the chances of getting a ticket because it can alert you when used on you or someone else. You can also still get pegged when you have no chance to slow down to avoid the harassment.
I hope someday the radar detector and gold metal detector could be allowed in my state. Why the government ban them for ordinary civilians.

Back