• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HyGear rear coil over shock for Apex & Vectors 2016-2018

I'm trying to figure out how to attach images but I keep getting an error that they are too big

need to use a resizing app on your phone/tablet.

I think I finally figured out the resizing thing.

Attachments

• KIMG2473.JPG
    KIMG2473.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 86
  • KIMG2466.JPG
    KIMG2466.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 76
  • KIMG2467.JPG
    KIMG2467.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 87
  • KIMG2468.JPG
    KIMG2468.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 77
  • KIMG2469.JPG
    KIMG2469.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 76
  • KIMG2470.JPG
    KIMG2470.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 75
  • KIMG2471.JPG
    KIMG2471.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 81
  • KIMG2472.JPG
    KIMG2472.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 78
There's a lot of extra stuff going on here, I installed a 4th wheel kit extra bogey's, and anti stab wheels at the front of the skid, along with Dupont slides. The anti stab wheels are actually where I originally placed the relocated bogeys from the front suspension cross shaft. But after riding the sled for a season we found that we could see rubber marks on the front suspension cross shaft bell crank from it rubbing on the bogey's at extreme articalation. My fix was to use small anti stab wheels in the same location so that there would be more clearance, and then I wouldn't have to mount the large bogey's farther forward drilling yet another hole in the skid rails.

Attachments

• KIMG2461.JPG
    KIMG2461.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 79
  • KIMG2462.JPG
    KIMG2462.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 76
  • KIMG2463.JPG
    KIMG2463.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 80
  • KIMG2464.JPG
    KIMG2464.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 81
  • KIMG2465.JPG
    KIMG2465.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 75
There's a lot of extra stuff going on here, I installed a 4th wheel kit extra bogey's, and anti stab wheels at the front of the skid, along with Dupont slides. The anti stab wheels are actually where I originally placed the relocated bogeys from the front suspension cross shaft. But after riding the sled for a season we found that we could see rubber marks on the front suspension cross shaft bell crank from it rubbing on the bogey's at extreme articalation. My fix was to use small anti stab wheels in the same location so that there would be more clearance, and then I wouldn't have to mount the large bogey's farther forward drilling yet another hole in the skid rails.
What I would like to know is where is the right position to mount the 2 inner wheels once they get removed & relocated to their new mounting area. Like how many inches forward from the front outside wheel bolt.

I mistakenly mounted my wheels 7 an 5/8" inches from the center of the front limiter strap cross shaft. This distance will not work with full size wheels as it places them too close to the front lower shock mount lever. That's why I ended up using small anti stab wheels in this location to gain enough room for the suspension components and not have to drill another hole. If I had it to do over again I would probably go with a distance measurement of 7", this would give an additional 5/8" of clearance compared to what I had and should be enough to work fine with full size wheels.

Attachments

• 20230216_162808.jpg
    20230216_162808.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230216_163840.jpg
    20230216_163840.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230216_163747.jpg
    20230216_163747.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230216_163742.jpg
    20230216_163742.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230216_163734.jpg
    20230216_163734.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 80
I mistakenly mounted my wheels 7 an 5/8" inches from the center of the front limiter strap cross shaft. This distance will not work with full size wheels as it places them too close to the front lower shock mount lever. That's why I ended up using small anti stab wheels in this location to gain enough room for the suspension components and not have to drill another hole. If I had it to do over again I would probably go with a distance measurement of 7", this would give an additional 5/8" of clearance compared to what I had and should be enough to work fine with full size wheels.
Thank you for that information & pictures. Also did you install an extra set of boggy wheels in front of your rear guide wheels & why.

Thank you for that information & pictures. Also did you install an extra set of boggy wheels in front of your rear guide wheels & why.
Yes I did add an extra set of bogey wheels, I mainly did it to improve slide life in low snow conditions. We've seemed to have had a lot of icy trails in the last couple years, so the last time I put new DuPont Hyfaxes on the wife sled I also installed multiple sets of extra bogey Wheels and the fourth rear wheel.

Yes I did add an extra set of bogey wheels, I mainly did it to improve slide life in low snow conditions. We've seemed to have had a lot of icy trails in the last couple years, so the last time I put new DuPont Hyfaxes on the wife sled I also installed multiple sets of extra bogey Wheels and the fourth rear wheel.
Thank's for getting back to me.

I put one in my wife's vector from day one, she never even rode it with the factory air shock in it. She absolutely loves how the sled rides. I have ridden it for short distances several times and have found that it rides very well. I wouldn't hesitate one bit buying it again, my opinion is that the single shot was actually a very good suspension for how simple it is, it just had a horrible shock in it. She previously had an '08 vector with the mono skid in it and says that this is night and day better than that was. If you have any other questions or want pictures of the setup I will gladly get them for you.
How far forward did you mount the 2 inner wheels so that they would not hit the lower shock mount when sitting on the machine. ( different weight makes a difference) I installed the inner wheel mounting holes at 7'' from the mount bolt of the limiter strap, but the lower relay rod mounting nuts hit the wheels when sitting on the machine. The bracket clears with no problem. Looks like I have to drill 2 more holes about 6'' from the mount bolt of the limiter strap to work. The shock spring is all set up for my weight & sag.

Last edited:
How far forward did you mount the 2 inner wheels so that they would not hit the lower shock mount when sitting on the machine. ( different weight makes a difference) I installed the inner wheel mounting holes at 7'' from the mount bolt of the limiter strap, but the lower relay rod mounting nuts hit the wheels when sitting on the machine. The bracket clears with no problem. Looks like I have to drill 2 more holes about 6'' from the mount bolt of the limiter strap to work. The shock spring is all set up for my weight & sag.
I'll try to get a measurement tomorrow morning

If you take a look at one of my previous posts, you can see that I originally mounted my bogey Wheels 7 and 5/8 of an inch back from the limiter strap cross shaft and this was too close and the relay Rod nut was also hitting my bogey Wheels. My solution instead of drilling another hole was to use a smaller diameter set of anti-stab wheels and mounts,and install them in the previously drilled location. This provided more than enough clearance and nothing comes close to hitting now. I personally find this to probably be a better solution than moving the larger diameter Wheels farther forward yet. One of the highest points of wear is right at the highfax below the lower relay rod mounts. If you can keep the wheels closer to that location I feel you will have better High fax wear. If you have any other questions that you think I may be of help on, please feel free to reach out.

Attachments

• 20231214_002011.jpg
    20231214_002011.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 29
If you take a look at one of my previous posts, you can see that I originally mounted my bogey Wheels 7 and 5/8 of an inch back from the limiter strap cross shaft and this was too close and the relay Rod nut was also hitting my bogey Wheels. My solution instead of drilling another hole was to use a smaller diameter set of anti-stab wheels and mounts,and install them in the previously drilled location. This provided more than enough clearance and nothing comes close to hitting now. I personally find this to probably be a better solution than moving the larger diameter Wheels farther forward yet. One of the highest points of wear is right at the highfax below the lower relay rod mounts. If you can keep the wheels closer to that location I feel you will have better High fax wear. If you have any other questions that you think I may be of help on, please feel free to reach out.
Thanks again for all your information. I will have to decide using the smaller wheels ( which really spin faster ) or drilling another hole 1'' closer to the limiter strap cross shaft & use the original wheels .

Back