• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Radiator

So we all know what the radiator looks like on the phazers and the location of them, my question is has anyone had problems with rocks or ice chunks getting thrown into or going through the radiator? i know Yamaha makes a screen to go over this but i just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem especially with all the railroad grade riding up north...thanks

I have about 1000 miles on my phazer and no problems yet. Although I guess I could see something happening if ice chunks or a rock went in there and nail it.

I bought the yamaha screen for my rad. Not much for the forty eight bucks but it does fit good and also seems to keep the snow from melting and running down into my steering boots. Topper

No troubles personally, but there is certainly potential if riding behind someone on an icy trail. I have seen another phazer with quite a bit of damage to the rad because of this.
I made up a screen cover for mine a few weeks ago. Very easy to do.

I would recommend to cover it ... a lot cheaper than a new rad!

Back