• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RB3 Stutter Box Setup

Mr. Pump Gas

Extreme
We are running a 2860 turbo and cranking it up for lake racing on ice with chisels. Trying to get this to launch hard however the stutter option seems a little weak. We are going out again this weekend to try some new software, however I was wondering if an MSD can be added with the RB3 setup?

Hey buddy how do you like the RB3? Just put it on the Nytro it is SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Skydog

You can use the second map on the RB3 for stutter, just pull timing and mess with the fuel at the Rpm you want to hold.

the launch on the RB3 is very week, its more like a engine kill than a studder the best thing is to put a MSD launch master on then use the second map to adjust fuel and timing , the other problem is you can only pull 10 degrees max, I have asked dave to work on getting more timing adjustment but hes says no... this is still one of the best fuel controllers for stock ecus..

On the RB3 where can i see the map sensor when the lap top is hooked up? (vac and boost)

Skydog

Where is the best place to get the MSD Launchmaster and is there a certain part # for an application on the Apex?

Not sure on how it is working yet however we have some new software coming this week.

Anyone else having problems with NOT being able to adjust fields? Being able to subtract or add fuel? Ours would not let us with the LITE software.

Mr. Pump Gas said:
Where is the best place to get the MSD Launchmaster and is there a certain part # for an application on the Apex?

Not sure on how it is working yet however we have some new software coming this week.

Anyone else having problems with NOT being able to adjust fields? Being able to subtract or add fuel? Ours would not let us with the LITE software.

No works great are you doing it right? Sled must be off then flash the RB3.

I have msd launch master and it works great on stock sleds. Jim from osp told me about a great spot to put it in also.

onestopjim said:
the launch on the RB3 is very week, its more like a engine kill than a studder the best thing is to put a MSD launch master on then use the second map to adjust fuel and timing , the other problem is you can only pull 10 degrees max, I have asked dave to work on getting more timing adjustment but hes says no... this is still one of the best fuel controllers for stock ecus..

why won`t he allow for more timing retard, i am about to buy an rb3 almost just for the 2nmap stutter option, very sad news for me, i have a very hard time launching my sled hard without a stutter, holding the brakes to build boost works great, but changing the belt every 2 passes not.... #$%&* ;):D how mutch boost are you guys building on a 2860 with the rb3 stutter

Dave,

Please make it very soon as what we do here is lake racing and the holeshot is everything in 660ft.

We will not mind trying some new things for you, please contact Robb @ RK Service. Winter is over 1/2 over here and we have some big lake racing events coming up. Thanks for the help.

So how do I set up the RB3 stutter switch. Do I just need a button and tie it to the wire ciming off of the RB3 harness?

Back