• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rb3 tuning

Tuningbike

The "best" way to tune with the engine that you have being fully built is to take it to Dave at Powderlites and get him to build a map with Tuningbike for the boost level you want. Dave will modify the map so the sled is spot on. The map will be Exact and will run crisp and clean throughout the rpm range... No bogs or lean spots ;)! . With the fresh snow that Revy/Sicamous are getting now it's a trip worth doing anyway. Getting Dave to run Tuningbike and build a map specific to my Apex is the best mod I have done to my sled. :Rockon:

Ringer are you at work or home.We should get together on the lake or somewhere smooth and figure this stuff out.I found out quite a bit today now if I can remember we should be on our way.

fullthrottle800 said:
Ringer are you at work or home.We should get together on the lake or somewhere smooth and figure this stuff out.I found out quite a bit today now if I can remember we should be on our way.

i am at work until thursday at dawson , are you going to revy next week
i would like to try tuning on the weekend
are you sating with the 2 bar?

ringer said:
need to know the best way guys are tuning there rb-3 boxes for yammis with big boost

You have a very good base line map to start with , you have to fine tune from there , the easy way to do this is to have a data logger , with that much HP it is to hard to watch A/F , RPM , boost etc to find what area you need to tune , even if you get Dave to tune with tunebike i would think one would like to have a better way to keep a check on things after , you can tune with out a data logger but it is alot harder and takes longer and i don,t think you would get as good of a tune as you would useing one .

Any one look at the FJO products?I think since I have the FJO A/F analysis system I should be able to datalog rpm and a/f.Should have went with the FJO meth injection to looks like it would incorporate nicely as well.If I had the time id like to buy one of the enginemanagemnt systems too and run a complete system.I could be way off on this but im lookin into it.

fullthrottle800 said:
Any one look at the FJO products?I think since I have the FJO A/F analysis system I should be able to datalog rpm and a/f.Should have went with the FJO meth injection to looks like it would incorporate nicely as well.If I had the time id like to buy one of the enginemanagemnt systems too and run a complete system.I could be way off on this but im lookin into it.

If you have the 4001 you can datalog a/f to RPM; the 4000 - not so much. I've taked to FJO about running their 341B in my sled on the tar this summer. It is a fully closed-loop system that integrates all of their other products i.e. progressive nitrous and boost, electronic boost control, meth injection etc all from one user interface.

Yah its the 4001 got the cables disc etc need a rpm cable though.only thing is it looks like you need to keep laptop pluigged in durring your run so thats a little tricky I guess put it in a backpack.For summer I think Ill try setting up a complete system too.Right now I just think the A/f loggin with rpm will help settin up RB3.

IF you are close to Daves shop the best way is with the Tuning bike module that Dave has. I just mapped mine this past weekend with his stage 3 injectors and it is silly sick now!!! HUGE difference!! Well worth the time I spent there!!

Powderlites is really on top of the RB3!!

Sap

Tried it out today,seemed ok at idle good good half throttle and good top end little rich mabye ran harder on trail than up top.When on off throttle when on trail coming down at low speeds seems to bang of lean real easy before coming to an idle not sure about that.Going to try and plug prologic back in tomorrow if I can figure out where to plug everything in.

You cannot ever build a better map that what Dave can do with Tuningbike. No lean spots, rich burbles just the most clean, IMPRESSIVE POWER BAND that you can experience. I can't describe it better than that. Invest some time with Powderlites and you'll be on the forums raving about it too. Don't even waste your time with that Purelogic box...no timing corrections or map built as finely tuned as RB3!!!
Quicksilver

RB3

Rapid bike 3 can run up to 100% duty cycle same as Dobeck which is Purelogic, MPI, and many others are all the same with different programing.
RB3 is like having a stand alone system with real mapping.
A lot of guys are knocking the RB3 that do not have any knowledge about EFI.
If LOAD setup and Voltage is not setup to run in the map properly then the whole system is out of whack.
Add timing in the bottom end for quick throttle response and retard/pull timing with boost for more HP without detonation.
A proper map with also give great fuel mileage.
Even with Tuning Bike you have to know how to use it to make proper maps.
Anyone that has seen what we do with a sled using RB3 knows how much better we make it run.
I have always been a tuner since the late 70's on Motorcycles, snowmobiles etc.
We get a lot of guys running RB3 with a 2 bar map sensor and they need a 3 bar sensor to run over 15 psi boost.
You cannot run more then 15 lbs boost with a 2 bar Map sensor!!
Bring us your Boosted sled with whatever kit you have and we will make it smoke your buddies same setup hands down.

http://www.powderlites.com

Right on LOVE MY RB3 and as time goes on it gets better and better!!The GEM box is not even close! So so jerky down low all most unsafe when filling up for gas or loading sled. Thank you for all your help Dave on my S.C.Nytro and it is not even your kit!! WOW

Thank you Skydog/Matt P.S. I have two GEM boxs for sale cheap if you want them....haha

Back