• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

REAR DROP DOWN BRACKETS?

obile

Pro
just looking over the sled and noticed the drop brackets have a second set of holes below the holes that the skid is now mounted in. why wouldnt the bottom hole be better to put the skid in ? weight transfer? they now have a skid plate over the support that was chewing up last years track. my question is i guess is should i drop the rear of the suspension to this hole and what else needs to be done? floats in the front and straps all the way out.any reasons not to?

The plate over that crappy center tunnel section is a good idea!

Mine was all bent toward front atfer 500km!!! what a crap!!!

Now wont have this problem I completely eliminated this by using a complete M7 rear tunnel section to my existing front tunnel part. May sound kinda weird but at least will have a 'true' mountain tunnel now!

tundra said:
ugh ? The Apex tunnel is a real Mountain Tunnel, not like Rx-1

Hmmmm not really!!!!

In fact the rx1 tunnel is not any worse than apex mountain in this regard!

Trust me, we have the apex and rx1 side by side on my garage and the rx1 track can't get the bracket bent for the simple reason the rx1 rear tunnel section is just like a plate over that bracket. I don't think its worse than apex mountain's stupid bracket in middle of tunnel.

Anyway, this bracket will be gone this winter on my apex! :Rockon:

On my original brackets, the hole it not only a bit higher but its horizontally 1 inch apart from the other one...

Would like to know too

What is the purpose of the rear drop down brackets? Is it to provide more clearance in the tunnel for the larger lug tracks?

Yes, its for clearance.

On the Rx-1 they are 2 holes. Stock position and 25 mm lower (put the back of the sled higher). the lower hole is a trenching position. I guess its more like a cheat, because the stock extension has no kick up.

On the Apex i dont know. But the more angle you will have with the ground vs the all sled, more the sled will trench, and less nimble sled will be.

this is what i found with the RX-1 and i guess its the same with Apex

Back