• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rear heat exchanger protector pics

cooler

the smaller cooler is for the apex.
i riveted it to the tunnel ext. without any reinforcment. it is almost exactly the same as the new sleds are except i used a stronger piece of square stock as apposed to the small piece used for a support on the new sleds.
if it bottoms the weight would distributed between the tunnel ext. and the cooler as the protectors rest on the cooler also.

ANDREW

Nice job with the fabrication looks factory!! I have to figure out a way of keeping things cool without giving up travel with the cooler mounted that way. It's making me nuts !! :o| Has anyone tried a bigger fan on the front radiator ?? or double radiators???

I mounted mine on top and cut a hole through the tunnel. No extra protection needed and no scrape marks. I just machined the stock mounts off of it, cut the elbows off and re-welded them facing the other direction.

Attachments

• IMG00038-20091203-2305 (Small).jpg
    IMG00038-20091203-2305 (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG00039-20091203-2305 (Small).jpg
    IMG00039-20091203-2305 (Small).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 80
DC5 said:
I mounted mine on top and cut a hole through the tunnel. No extra protection needed and no scrape marks. I just machined the stock mounts off of it, cut the elbows off and re-welded them facing the other direction.

Nice job! The only thing missing is some plastic covers to cover the rubber pipes and connections. Sort of like the ones on my old 2001 mountain max. This rear exchanger has been a problem for 5 years!
How about 2011 ? YAMAHA are you listening? :o|

SNOW HO said:
DC5 said:

Nice job! The only thing missing is some plastic covers to cover the rubber pipes and connections. Sort of like the ones on my old 2001 mountain max. This rear exchanger has been a problem for 5 years!
How about 2011 ? YAMAHA are you listening? :o|

I tried to use stainless braided line so it looked nicer but couldn't find the right size.

DC5 said:
Now that's what I'm talkin about, something like that would be PERFECT!! :jump: Can ya POST some :pics: . Thanks Wayne

Back