• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Heat exchangers on MTX

MountainMax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Apex
On my 2002 Mountain Max there is a small heat exchanger in the rear of the tunnel, i noticed on my MTX there is only a tube there for transfering coolant from one side to the other, are there coolers available here for them?

Have you had overheating problems with your Apex? If not I would leave it alone. On the Rx1s and Vectors Yamaha ended up putting out a rear exchanger kit for the early models (pre 2005) because of heating issues, but the Apex added the radiator. I had some issues with my 2003 RX1 and added the kit, but I have never had any issues with the Apex. Not worth the expense IMO.

apex cooling

tmk50 said:
Have you had overheating problems with your Apex? If not I would leave it alone. On the Rx1s and Vectors Yamaha ended up putting out a rear exchanger kit for the early models (pre 2005) because of heating issues, but the Apex added the radiator. I had some issues with my 2003 RX1 and added the kit, but I have never had any issues with the Apex. Not worth the expense IMO.
i agree,i have been running without the rad,or a rear cooler on my mountain ape for about a thousand kilometers with no heat issues
run scratchers if needed

Back