• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rear shock options

TMBVLMP13

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 VLMP
I have a 2013 MP and I was hauling logs this weekend and blew out me rear shock. It bounces like crazy now. I was hoping to upgrade both rear shocks but options I have found ar 0. I contacted Fox and they don't make one. I talked to the dealer and they were not aware of any options. Since the rear factory shocks are HPG I want to stick with something like it, but factory wants $400.00 each for the rears so I might as well see if a upgrade is available.

Any directions would be great.

As far as I know, there are no options for the VL/MP. I blew out my front HPG skid shock when my limiter strap broke and I had to settle with a VL regular shock. I still have the rear HPG skid shock. I did find the ride a bit stiffer with the regular shock.

Maybe contact sled parts recyclers like Barn of Parts. He has a lot of parts but MP's didn't come on the scene in the US until 2013 while it was available in Canada since 2007. At worse you might be able to find a VL shock, which is better than nothing.

As far as I know, there are no options for the VL/MP. I blew out my front HPG skid shock when my limiter strap broke and I had to settle with a VL regular shock. I still have the rear HPG skid shock. I did find the ride a bit stiffer with the regular shock.

Maybe contact sled parts recyclers like Barn of Parts. He has a lot of parts but MP's didn't come on the scene in the US until 2013 while it was available in Canada since 2007. At worse you might be able to find a VL shock, which is better than nothing.

Thanks, I wasn't too sure about ordering a used shock sight unseen so I ended up ordering a factory HPG from Fairbanks. Apparently there is also an option for a HD spring assy which may help as well.
Do you know has anyone else upgraded to the heavier springs. Apparently the factor are

Spring, Rear 1 (K=2500Nmm/Deg) AP
8ET-47473-20-00

and the HD set are

Spring, Rear 1 (K=3000Nmm/Deg) AP
8ET-47473-10-00

Not real sure what the difference is, but the dealer in Fairbanks said they would work better for me as I use it as a utility sled.

I'm not at my computer but this is what I know. The early years, the MP was fitted with the lighter rear springs because it didn't have the passenger seat and the VL did it for the heavier springs. I don't know if they outfitted the later year MP's with the heavier springs since they all came with the rear seat. Check the parts catalogs to see the changes in spring part numbers over the different years and models.

Finally looked the parts up. Looks like they kept doing the same thing throughout all the years. All MP's were fitted with the weaker 2500nm springs whereas all the VL were fitted with the 3000nm. With the heavier spring, it will have more weight capacity and less tendency to bottom out. Even with the heavier spring and the 2up block up, I was still bottoming out so I got some aftermarket overload spring pre-tensioners. I weigh 330lbs.

Thanks a bunch. I ordered the heavier springs. I want to lay them on the shop floor and measure some stuff and maybe take pictures. Where did you get your blocks?? I looked a bit but didn't find any.

Just something I want to add for anybody looking for skid shocks on these sleds. Was out today and looking at the skid on my RS Venture GT and the skid is basically the same. My buddie's RS Venture as well. His even has the 2up block for the front of the spring whereas the GT's is permanently mounted at the same position as the 2up.

All this to say that you can use shocks from an RS Venture or RS Venture GT in the skid. What's nice is you could use adjustable ones from a GT.

Back