• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Skid???

booxr800

Pro
This might be a stupid question but when the skid is out from under the sled sitting on the floor should it be sitting on the hyfax, wheels or both touching? I put on my new rails and my idler wheels are like a quarter inch off the floor.

I just checked my stock wheels since I haven't pulled my skid yet to install the Ice age rails. They may extend slightly below the hyfax but 1/4 inch seems excessive. Did you compare the stock rails against the IA rails to make sure the holes matched? I plan on checking mine carefully including the bump stop height to make sure there are no conflicts.

As far as I remember, when I've removed my suspension, it would actually roll a bit. Now that I've installed larger idlers, it rolls even better.

In your situation with the wheels not touching the ground, it doesn't right to me. Are the wheels worn down? Are the sliders brand new? Are they stockers?

LeeKo said:
I just checked my stock wheels since I haven't pulled my skid yet to install the Ice age rails. They may extend slightly below the hyfax but 1/4 inch seems excessive. Did you compare the stock rails against the IA rails to make sure the holes matched? I plan on checking mine carefully including the bump stop height to make sure there are no conflicts.
I couldn't check my stock ones and get an accurate idea what it should be since its bent. That makes me nervous since the other one was used a the blue print and just as bent.

Grimm said:
As far as I remember, when I've removed my suspension, it would actually roll a bit. Now that I've installed larger idlers, it rolls even better.

In your situation with the wheels not touching the ground, it doesn't right to me. Are the wheels worn down? Are the sliders brand new? Are they stockers?
Just like you said seems like on my other sled the skid would roll on the floor. The wheels are almost new only a 1000 mile on the and they are stock. The slides are brand new too.

I dont have a Nytro but on Phazer skid with new Hyfax the Hyfax hits not the wheels.Thats why alot of guys put bigger wheels on thier Yamahas.Since stock the wheels dont do much till Hyfax is almost to wear point.

Back