• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Suspension Kit

FXR camo

I know that there are already posts started with broken links. ...But would the people who have broken recently please let me know if you have recieved fix or are you waiting for parts on backorder? If you have recieved your parts what was included? Was it a package for broken links or does your dealer make a list based on what you've broken with link? And finally I've seen on here somewhere that old style isn't available anyway...Does that mean that all broken links from now on will be an update of some sort?

It took me two months to get mine but I think the time has droped considerably since then. The dealer got it through yamiee. They have a kit and a kit number as posted on here in other places. I think allot of dealers are holding out because they have to front the money for the kit then yamiee reimburses them for it. But I may be wrong on that one.

I don't think they will do it untill the stock one fails, That is what my dealer said.

i got mine before it broke but then it broke 2 days after i orderd it i orderd it last wednesday and got it todaythe new parts are a real upgrade it felt like it sat up a little higher but i cant ride it yet cause we have no snow

Well I finally got Yamaha to agree to kit!!! I had to get my dealer more involved and have him push Yamaha. Otherwise Yami wanted me to just sit and wait for backorder parts. So it should be here soon and installed. Thank You all for info. It definitely helped me know what I was talking about to dealer hearing that others definitely got a kit and not just some more garbage parts!

Here's a bump stop kit, great for heavy riders or 2up riding

P1010596.jpg

My dealer originally told me end of January was the eta on this kit to fix the broken link. They then called me later to say Yamaha is supplying these on a limited basis for true urgent requirements. Price is in the $500.00 range per my dealer. My sled broke about 1 week out of warranty and dealer told me Yamaha will pay for parts but I am responsible for labor. I plan to again contact Yamaha customer support to see first hand if this is the best they will offer. If Yamaha wasn't paying for the parts, I would buy the link kit available at www.hygearsuspension.com

Just an update on my broken link......took about 1 week for the dealer to get. Although computer showed kit on backorder, Yamaha is allocating these for "in shop" requirements with valid dealer work orders assigned. My sled was 1 week out of warranty when it failed and Yamaha still paid for the '08 parts kit (about $500.00) and they covered all labor. Overall I am satisfied with the way the factory took care of it

i am also getting the updated link for my sled. but i had to call the rep in my area to actually get it. they said it should be in by next week. that sucks for me cause i do a lot of riding. hopefully it is way stronger because i ride quite hard and i broke my suspension 6 times. i also complained about the ice on the running boards, but the rep said not a lot of people were complaining about it any more so there probably isn't going to be something coming out for that. i would close my tunnel but i don't want to void my warranty, so i will wait till its up.

Closing your tunnel will not void your warantee.Maybe for exhaust and plastic but who cares nothing goes wrong with them anyway.Correction I did break my flanges on exhaust at head.That was BEFORE I closed the tunnel.Keep giant ice chunks away from exhaust and it wont crack and you will be much more comfortable riding without ice issues.

Back