• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Torsion Spring Mod

So the couple inches of static sag is a big improvement in ride quality? I've ridden a 12' procross 800 that I know had a decent amount of static sag, it was a snopro but setup with lxr skid shocks and I always thought that rode excellent and had great transfer but still a very stable trail sled. Without spending much or any $ what is going to be the best bet for people? Just bend their stock springs? That is of course with proper shock valving, without that it's never going to be right.

Yes we cant change skids so in my opinion I would go with these new 16.5lb spring or springs. If you still want more which I dont think is needed could always bend these. The bigger coil is important. Just like the clutch you dont want spring bind and the old lighter springs were a pain to get on and off since they were wound so tight harder to get at inner bearing race of wheel. Not sure if Yamaha has the same lighter rate springs as Cat this year but I suspect they do. Those springs and the QS3's when working right really rock at least in 137's I rode. Big improvement over past years. Trails were bad enough that most of day the guy was riding on 3. A setting I thought no one would use ever but it worked and was great to have that option.

Back