• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear tow bumper on a Attak.

Warp

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Attak
I was wondering if anyone had installed a rear tow bumper on a Attak or Apex that had a rear heat exchanger on it.Thanks

I suspect you are asking if someone has bought the actual replacement bumper through Yamaha, and installed it on a sled that has a rear heat exchanger. I do have a rear heat exchanger but only bought the 20 dollar bracket from Canadian Tire and bolted it onto my existing bumper. I figured if the stock bumper is strong enough to grab and lift the back of the sled up with, it will be strong enough to pull any sleigh I want to pull.

Do you have any pics of the Candian Tire hitch.

I was afraid that would be your next question. I'm at work so I can't take a picture til possibly tomorrow. Also, I did have to modify the bracket slightly by adding an inch of metal(welding) top and bottom, so that it would fit over the bumper and I could put bolts through the backside. If you are still interested, I'll get you a CTC part no. and enclose a picture.

Thanks,that would be great.I only need something to haul a small slide.

The part name is Kimpex Snowmobile Parts Sleigh Hitch, Kimpex #306245, OEM #912026, CTC #26-9403-8. I welded a approx. one inch by 3 inch piece on the top and bottom so I could put several bolts behind the bumper tubing rather than put bolts through the tubing as Kimpex has designed it. I did not want to weaken the tubing. I probably wrapped a piece of inner tube around the tubing before I put bracket in place. A little silver paint on the weld, and stainless rustfree bolts. Picture below.

Attachments

• DSC01611.JPG
    DSC01611.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 244
git r dun has the right idea, we just drilled through the pipe and so far so good. We are towing an ice house and all of our gear in the sled. I'm not sure why I thought I needed the tow bar now, unless you are towing a huge load of firewood or something all of the time, which in that case you should have a viking not an attak!

I think even though you drilled threw the bumper the metal plateing around the holes from the hitch reinforces the bolt holes somewhat if you know what I'm getting at.

i have the attak bumper hitch. i tried to use the stock bumper, but with over 1000 pounds of weight to tow . the stock bumper was starting to bend at the center. the yamaha hitch has reinforcements that bolt to tunnel. it all depends on how much you tow.

no i dont have the rear heat exchanger. sorry i wish i could help you more. If you dont tow a lot of weigh the stock bumper would be fine in my opinion.

WarreOratinturissa002.jpg

In this pic you can see the reinforcements plates on the frame of my sled. They come with the tow hitch kit here in Finland.

I´ll take better pics when I´m home from work.

Ike

Back