• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recall letter?

wow..... I've never heard this one... all 3 of my sleds came from maine.. our prices are usually alot higher!!!!... Just suprised that US people want our sleds over here....

sherlock29 said:
wow..... I've never heard this one... all 3 of my sleds came from maine.. our prices are usually alot higher!!!!... Just suprised that US people want our sleds over here....

X2, and if things don't change for the better up here, my next sled will be coming from the U.S. guaranteed!

sherlock29 said:

Factor in certain incentives, tax situations, and if our dollar is higher which it hasnt been this can be a huge savings if your willing to do the drive and do a little hassle.

sherlock29 said:
Someone from canada traded it in maine (at a dealership) and then i bought it and now it's back in N.B....But i still have to get a recall letter and the local dealer is not very supportive of cross-boader shopping, if i could get one from yamaha canada that would be great....i thought a dealer had to get this for you.

My situation was the exact opposite where I got my Nytro from the US and brought it home to Canada. I contacted Yamaha directly in California. They were very helpful in emailing the recall letter within minutes and mailed me a hardcopy by post. Yamaha was very accommodating with the whole thing. BRP-Skidoo is another story altogether. They tell u to contact a dealer and then the dealer tells u to contact the manufacturer and then they want to charge like $250 for the stupid letter. That type of customer service is what lost them my business altogether. I will NEVER own a Skidoo!!!

Canadian dealers where not complaining when they where selling to U.S customers. dealer told me that he didn't have to give me a deal because he could sell to U.S customers for retail. then the currency changed the other way so now i buy from the U.S dealers. :die

If u are on the RIV website it has the contact phone # Just did one had letter in an hour.
You need a letter stating that there are no recalls to import a sled fro US
1-416-498-1911
Ask for Scott Harrison
Manger Consumer Relations

Scott looked after me in short order.
Buddy got his from Yammie US no problem either.
Good service no charge from Yamaha. Doo, not so much.

darv said:
You can get a letter from any Yamaha dealer an it will work that's all I have ever done

Darv is correct as well.

Your dealer in Maine can run the sled for recalls, print it out and give you a letter on their letterhead that there are no recalls on the sled.

Back