• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recommendation for Parka and Bibs

brianidaho

Extreme
I'm pretty new to mountain riding, till the last couple years my riding was on trails and flats back east. Anyway, I have older Artic Cat leathers, they are great when you are banziing on trails when it's zero, but I sweat my butt off in the mountains, at lower speads and working alot harder. I see lots of Klim gear out there, but I don't know the differences between their different parkas and bibs. Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks.
Bri

My two cents go to Klim Valdez parka and Togwotee bibs. Very light weight and waterproof. Great mobility. Draw back very pricey. Top of line will set you back $600 range.

jlemieu1 said:
My two cents go to Klim Valdez parka and Togwotee bibs. Very light weight and waterproof. Great mobility. Draw back very pricey. Top of line will set you back $600 range.
yes to klim i will never own anything but klim bibs. never get wet! and they stand behind the product. i do recomend a different cheaper coat forthose days when the klim isnt needed. they keep you very warm. dont skimp on the pants worth every penny.

ditto on Klim, it will last you for years, my gear is 4 years old and keeps me dry and warm. It is a little pricey but you wont have to replace it every couple of years

jlemieu1 said:

I agree, if you buy other stuff you will just be spending extra money until you get around to buying the Klim gear which will last you 20 years. Buy it, you'll like it:)

Rt

I'm in the same boat here...sort of. I ride trails and lakes mostly and do it in the damned cold from 20-40 below. I need the warmth more than the breathability. I've been looking around and checking out the Klim Klimate parka but am not sure if it will be warm enough. Anyone have any experience with this sort of application and can give me a reccomendation?

Back