• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

remote electric start

hi guys there is 4 wires on the start switch 1 12volts 1 ground 1ignition positive in 1 start negative if vou put the 2 firsts wires together you will blow a fuse... i have been and still installing remote start and alarm on all kind of machine for 22 years or so ....first you take your owner manual all the wiring is in it all you have to do is to understand it.let me know if you want some help. my 2 way remote start and.alarm system work fine and is a very good protection since the remote warn me if something happen to my attak!!!!! range 2000 feets!!!!

Inline heater instead of remote start

For 45.00 canadian you can install a inline heater on your RX models and have a toasty engine in an hour or so before you are off sledding. Easy, do it yourself install, and can be bought right from your Yamy dealer. In -45F weather, I have found it to be the only thing, to have on your sled. :rocks:

There is more advantage to these than being lazy. A higher end model will have an automatic start mode, where the engine will start and run for a preset time. i.e. 15min run time every hour, or when the engine hits a certain temp it will run for a preset time. On overnight trips where a garage or plug in isn't available these units can be priceless. ;)!

bashley said:
There is more advantage to these than being lazy. A higher end model will have an automatic start mode, where the engine will start and run for a preset time. i.e. 15min run time every hour, or when the engine hits a certain temp it will run for a preset time. On overnight trips where a garage or plug in isn't available these units can be priceless. ;)!

Does that Hauck unit do that?

Not quite. I'm pretty sure you can preset the run time, but only when YOU start it. Say 10 minutes, then it will turn off. It also will not rev over 5,000rpm to aid in theft protection. I was also considering one of these units. I still may even get one yet. They're fairly cheap now, $150.00.

1CS

Can someone give a make and model of a remote starter that will automatically start the sled during the night....

LazyBastard, could you go into more detail with regards to the TORS system being used for preventing someone jumping on and riding away during warmup.

:rocks:

I install Autostart brand remote starters (made in Montreal) and they have a cold weather mode, you just press and hold the start button for about 6 seconds and the lights will blink 3 times instead of starting, then she' set and will start every 2 hours for 5 minutes, great for the night at the cabin, would work the same on the snowmobile.

Im holding out for a plug and play one someone here is getting made up or modified, with all the bells and whistles, should be ready next month here is the link, with video.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=62074

It must be the Christmas hangover! LOL In any case I can not wait to get my hands on one of the new "plug & play" units.

Back