• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Remove you primary rollers to inspect!!

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Just a heads up!
Make sure to remove your primary rollers and inspect.
Just spinning them in place on clutch will not necessarily show wear!! They may seem like they roll true but might be hanging up on the spacers.

Perferct example is this ones!! Just spinning them while in installed in primary they felt perfect and smooth
20201104_140409.jpg
20201104_140443.jpg
20201104_140443.jpg

Great advice! I inspect the rollers often and replace them every season. Cheap insurance IMO.

20201106_124444.jpg
20201106_130000.jpg

I pulled the weights out to check to bushings and look at this!!!!
Bushings in weights were totally shot and one weights was cracked and fell apart when removing.

My guess is is since rollers were shot it put excess pressure to the one side of weight bushing causing it to wear. The one side of the spider is grooved from the weight making contact!!

How many miles on this sled Marc? Is it tuned?

This is why I always check my clutches over every week.
Hope fully my roller problems will be behind me this year.
Nice find!

My sidewinder primary started to eat rollers bushings pretty bad last year. It started with a 600km ride with new rollers bushings and they were completely shot like yours when back home.
Last set of roller bushing lasted around 100km.
So I ended the season with an old style primary without any problem. Will have the sidewinder primary rebuild this winter and hope to have it run good again. Mine dosent bind like some, but now the play in it seem to cause an harmonic that make the roller bushings to wear in a phenomenal time.

Just a added note. When you remove the roller buff them on a buffing wheel. do the the shaft also.
If they are in good shape the will look like new

This is why maintenance is so important!

Thunder Products Clutching has received over 200 clutches just this fall and a good portion of these clutches were in poor condition, ready to either explode or jam up. We are happy that people are putting trust in us to go through their clutches as most do not know what to check for. I am taking pics of all the issues I have seen and logging data on miles, brand of clutches, belts used and clutching combinations.

This is why maintenance is so important!

Thunder Products Clutching has received over 200 clutches just this fall and a good portion of these clutches were in poor condition, ready to either explode or jam up. We are happy that people are putting trust in us to go through their clutches as most do not know what to check for. I am taking pics of all the issues I have seen and logging data on miles, brand of clutches, belts used and clutching combinations.
Keep an eye on the movable sheave on a team clutch for cracking!!! I found 4 this season (2
Stock ,2.tuned) plus mine.
After 3 months of arguing with cat and dealer I am getting a new clutch under warranty.

Back